Viking

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
My HMPA license expires in 2 weeks and I'm wondering which combination of these 3 programs will protect me best running alongside Emsisoft Internet Security?
I tried Voodooshield free and I liked it.

This is for a laptop:
I7 6700HQ, 2.6 - 3.5 GHz
16GB DDR4 Ram
128 SSD + 1 TB HDD

I have a lifetime license for ZAM.

Last edited:

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
It's a toss up between VS Paid, and HMP.A Paid
I say this because of the awesome added protection that HMP.A offers for your browser that VS is not designed to do.
EIS has good browser protection too so lets not forget about that, but I have run EIS with VS, and with HMP.A as a
companion app and both are very good you cant go wrong with either brother.
**Just noticed it was a Laptop, run EIS with VS and the resource usage will be minimal.
Awesome and light config Viking ;)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
In all of the three contenders you mentioned, Voodoshield is a good choice both on default configuration or customized; the matter of components can be powerful because of AI and it's whitelisting technology.

Zemana AM on the other hand is on cloud functionality so of course bypass can occur more on that stage.

Another alternative is try ReHIPS which is a HIPS with sandbox to isolate the process.

Just because two or programs can run side-by-side together with no apparent problems does not mean that there are not incompatibilities. The incompatibility might not be apparent until the system is faced with malware.

For example, there is overlap of protection between HMP.A and EIS. If the user does not exclude certain programs in either HMP.A or EIS, then the protection is broken in both programs simultaneously.

Go over to the Emsisoft forum and ask about it - and be sure to accept only an answer from an Emsisoft staff member.

I have already set HMPA exclusions in EIS.

That's not what I said. Excluding HMP.A as a whole in EIS is not going to resolve the issue to which I referred.

You have to exclude protected programs - like Microsoft Office programs - from either HMP.A or EIS otherwise both HMP.A and EIS behavior blocker are simultaneously broken when it comes to Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.

In other words, simultaneously protecting Word, Excel and PowerPoint in both HMP.A and EIS is going to completely break the protection in both programs.

Like I advised, your best bet is to ask Emsisoft staff. Frank H, and perhaps GT500, is aware of what I am referring to.

KevinYu0504

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2017
Sorry for my basic English ,
because my main language isn't English ,
hope you guys won't mind .

Here is my security config right now ,
and i am already used for few month .

1. Emsisoft Internet Security
2. Malwarebytes Premium
3. Zemana AntiMalware Permium (my notebook was using Zemana AntiLogger)
4. HitmanPro.Alert also with HitmanPro ( all removed because the trial time is over)

Now i am use 1+2+3 , and open both product real-time protect , and with out any problem .

And thanks for the Youtuber " Secure Steve " help me to test my config ,
he using my security config and test for the detection and ransomware protect ,
and here is the Video :

For my recommend ranking , will be
Malwarebytes > Zemana >HitmanPro.Alert > HitmanPro

First , the Malwarebytes is a very old security company ,
i start to use it for very long time ago , and it never make me disappointed , i pretty trust them .
and also the new V3 version on Malwarebytes , they add many new function to protect your system ,
such as the zero-days attack protect、ransomware protect , it's really useful for this few years .

The second , Zemana ,
Zemana will be a good choose for second security software ,
it's light and very little Impact for system performance ,
Zemana had a Pandora technology , it can improve it self to detected more threat ( such as ransomware)
the only thing need to make sure , is the Zemana was a cloud-based scanning program ,
it must to contact the internet , and can't work with out the internet .

The third , HitmanPro.Alert ,
HMPA did a very good job on protect ransomware attack ,
as i saw many video on Youtube , those Youtuber had take the HMPA to test many different ransomware ,
and the HMPA did a great job !
And also HMPA had many special protect that other security product don't have ,
such as Keybord encryption、Browser protect、fake usb protect、camera protect ..... etc.

And final , HitmanPro ,
HitmanPro indeed did very well at detected the threat , as i know , they use the Bitdefender、Kaspersky、Sophos engines .
but HitmanPro do not have the real-time protect , it can't help you to block the threat immediately
you have to scan your system by manual .
But i do like his cookies scan and remove , i do not see other security software had a same function on it .

But i am hesitate to buy the HitmanPro.Alert or not , it's because the price and server attitude problem ,
in my country/area , HMPA is the most expensive product , the price even higher than the main product i am using (Emsisoft) ,
or even double price for Kaspersky in my country .

So i had send a email to HitmaPro official to feedback the price problem and ask them is there had any discounts ?
Unfortunately hitmanpro official reply me
When you purchase Hitmanpro-Alert you get Hitmanpro for free. Then you have a good protection on your PC.
That is also worth some money right?
So i am still look forward for better discounts or special offer , otherwise i can't accept the original price .

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.