Advice Request Best recommended settings for Kaspersky Free 2019 and Paid versions?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Ublock origin is very safe to use, but i recommend nano adblocker over it on edge

Nano blocker has nano defender integration, so your adblocker wont be detected . Ublock origin doesnt have this feature by default

Last edited:

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
What about Kaspersky Free? Do I need to tweak something in there to enhance protections? I know at default it performs so-so.
You cant tweak kaspersky free at all, i think theres low-mid-high modes where you can choose from, but im not sure are those scanning specific or do they affect in overall protection

Reactions: oldschool and AtlBo

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
I usually recommend this. Disabling HTTPS scanning to avoid problems with SSL and to improve network speed.
Code:
Kaspersky Setup - Accept KSN Statement (to enable cloud detection) - Decline Statement regarding data processing - uncheck Detect other software that can be used by criminals
Kaspersky - Uninstall Kaspersky Secure Connection
Kaspersky - Settings - Scan - Security Level - High
Kaspersky Performance - Settings - Additional - Network - uncheck Limit traffic / uncheck Inject script / select Do not scan encrypted connections
Kaspersky Performance - Settings - Additional - Threats and Exclusions - uncheck Enable Advanced Disinfection technology
Kaspersky Performance - Settings - Additional - Appearance - Do not use Smooth transition between windows

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
I usually recommend this. Disabling HTTPS scanning to avoid problems with SSL and to improve network speed.
Code:
Kaspersky Setup - Accept KSN Statement (to enable cloud detection) - Decline Statement regarding data processing - uncheck Detect other software that can be used by criminals
Kaspersky - Uninstall Kaspersky Secure Connection
Kaspersky - Settings - Scan - Security Level - High
Kaspersky Performance - Settings - Additional - Network - uncheck Limit traffic / uncheck Inject script / select Do not scan encrypted connections
Kaspersky Performance - Settings - Additional - Threats and Exclusions - uncheck Enable Advanced Disinfection technology
Kaspersky Performance - Settings - Additional - Appearance - Do not use Smooth transition between windows

I have a question. Why uncheck Detect other software that can be used by criminals?

Reactions: oldschool

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Yes. Last time I ran the scan, it removed about 12 tools from Nirsoft Suite and prevented them from running by removing them upon launch.

How do you turn off Kaspersky sign in notification? I know you don't need an account for the free version, but the free 2019 keeps asking me to sign in. The " Remind me later " button doesn't do anything at all.
Screenshot_5.png

Reactions: oldschool and AtlBo

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
You can't unless You are logged in "My Kaspersky" service...

Kaspersky Free - "Register the application" nag

Fortunately there is a way to disable that. You have to disable the self protection and then turn it back on afterward. Also, Kaspersky Free automatically update doesn't work at all for me. I have to wait 2 hours for the automatic update to kick in even though I turn off disable scheduler task on power and game mode.

Make sure you back up the registry key in case of disaster.

64 bit, delete this registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\KasperskyLab\AVP18.0.0\Data\UCPRegistrationAlert

32 bit, delete this registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\AVP18.0.0\Data\UCPRegistrationAlert

Enable self protection after deleting this registry key.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
On the past there was an option to setup the schedule of the updates to 1 hour, but since the last years the default and minimum is every 2 hours...

About that warning of Windscribe... I don't use it, so I can't assist directly in this issue ... try creating exclusions in Your Kaspersky for the WindS services/executables... also contact to Kaspersky and/or WindS support...

Kaspersky blocks Windscribe VPN

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
On the past there was an option to setup the schedule of the updates to 1 hour, but since the last years the default and minimum is every 2 hours...

About that warning of Windscribe... I don't use it, so I can't assist directly in this issue ... try creating exclusions in Your Kaspersky for the WindS services/executables... also contact to Kaspersky and/or WindS support...

Kaspersky blocks Windscribe VPN

But I don't understand the error message. This is what Windscribe said about the TCP socket termination: Windscribe

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.