Status
Not open for further replies.

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Hello.

I will not mention specific models for the three smartphone types today. Just want to hear your opinion regarding their overall:

1. Performance
2. Battery Consumption
3. Features
4. Customization
5. Price

Thanks much!

Last edited:

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
I'm assuming you've never looked up or heard of how often Android can get infected. Even Google Play has malware on it. Believe I even seen something about this topic on MT itself. Windows Phone and iOS have at least one very good prevention feature in place to stop or prevent the spreading of malware. They also don't allow just anything on their app stores like Google. If you prefer Android, that's great. Phones are personal as are all other devices and what you do with them is your own business. It's even worthy to note that it isn't always necessarily that Android lacks the security features of the other two (which it does) but that most malware is for Android. It's a big fat juicy target due to it's spot in popularity. Just like Windows OS (PC). It has security features but is still too easy infected and those infections can spread easily unlike Windows Phone OS which sandboxes apps. And unlike Android, you can only download apps from the store (Windows Phone and iPhone). You don't even have the option to let third party installations in without hacking your phone up.

Don't think I let anything out. If you use common sense or just use a phone for what it's for calling and SMS (like I do), you'll never get infected on any phone.

Agreed.:)

Andorid is less secure because it's just let the user Install anything whatever they like even if that is from unknown source.
But it has a open mind.

With iOS, It's like you are living in a closed room without any door and windows and feeling very very safe. For every movement you want to do you need to pay.

I will stick to Android because

1. I don't need to sell my kidney to get Android phone ( JKing)
2. I like no restriction, because I know how to use it.
3. Huge number of free apps.
4. To put something on it, I don't need to install softwares on my PC.
5. Power ( My phone is Octacore but my laptop is Quadcode :D:D:D )
6. Cheap accessories
7. Most of the Android phones has removable battery

And seriously, I am using an Octacore Snapdragon phone with 2 GB ram, 16 GB internal memory, 13 MP camera , 4G which costs only 9K INR ( 150$). It never hanged, runs smooth and I just loved it :).

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Andorid is less secure because it's just let the user Install anything whatever they like even if that is from unknown source.
But it has a open mind.

Google Play has malware on it so it's not really a matter unknown source or not. You need only search it up for proof.

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Google Play has malware on it so it's not really a matter unknown source or not. You need only search it up for proof.

There are 2 millions apps in Play Store and few such apps came and google removed them once reported. Also those Apps were hardly used by the normal users.

Lets not hijack this thread. You are good with your logic I am with mine. So peace.

Last edited:

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
I'm assuming you've never looked up or heard of how often Android can get infected. Even Google Play has malware on it.
That's because it doesn't have Draconian rule over what goes on it. Open/Choice/Breadth is mutually exclusive with security; either you want Microsoft/Apple to limit your choices or you want freedom, which requires responsibility; you can't have both. Imagine if they limited your choices on your desktop...Imagine if UAC weren't just a prompt...

To correct the post that states, Android lets you install anything from anywhere: this is incorrect. By default, only trusted sources (Google Play and your carrier) can install software; this is a setting the user can toggle (and has to to use Amazon app store).

You can go further than stock ROM and flash a completely new ROM on many Android devices, many of which are geared towards security and privacy (Paranoid Android and Cyanogenmod to name a couple). With a popular device, you'll have dozens of ROMs to choose from. Check for your device (or one you're considering) on xda-developers.com.

Since one can get a stock (or custom ROM) to do anything, there's no limit to customisation, security or privacy. (Start by looking at Xprivacy; I won't run a device without it.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Anupam

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I've gone for Android for the reason that it's completely customisable. I as I do with Windows XP, Vista and 7 like to customise Windows and I like the flexibility of doing that.

I currently run a HTC One M8 and the customisation that I've done is simple but good. Most have said it comes down to the user and I agree, but I've noticed with friends and business partners, that they (business partners) have iPhone as it's simple yet business like and can have everything at the tough of a button. While I'm not saying Android, Windows can't do that, Apple's platform is the superior one here. When it comes to friends they get iPhone's from what I see as it's just a phone, no need to customise it to use it. That's what people want at times a phone to just use nothing else.

Currently using Apex Launcher, with AC Display. Plus many more customisable mods too.

yWehNra.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.