Status
Not open for further replies.

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Hello.

I will not mention specific models for the three smartphone types today. Just want to hear your opinion regarding their overall:

1. Performance
2. Battery Consumption
3. Features
4. Customization
5. Price

Thanks much!

Last edited:
S

SkyJP

Performance - iPhone has lower level hardware but is specifically designed for ios however Android phones have a lot better hardware for a significantly lower price.

Battery consumption - depends on the phone you get, but iPhones are known to have good battery life, while not all android phones can beat this mark, but many still do,although you'd have to check with the phone you're getting.

Features and customizability - android wins, no questions asked, especially because you can install custom launchers from the play store easily and customise pretty much everything in the OS. You can also install a custom ROM to completely change the OS ifeself.

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Performance - iPhone has lower level hardware but is specifically designed for ios however Android phones have a lot better hardware for a significantly lower price.

Battery consumption - depends on the phone you get, but iPhones are known to have good battery life, while not all android phones can beat this mark, but many still do,although you'd have to check with the phone you're getting.

Features and customizability - android wins, no questions asked, especially because you can install custom launchers from the play store easily and customise pretty much everything in the OS. You can also install a custom ROM to completely change the OS ifeself.
Wow! Seems Windows Phone is on the last... You never mentioned it here...

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
well I only use Wphone and android, and comparing this two I only say that Wphone don't "lag" even with 512 ram. (I use Wphone as my main smartphone, daily):
however, android has more features, I think that with new Windows mobile 10, microsoft os will beat android.

Ps:. I never test Iphone, but I what I read about it's a good os, the best at moment.
I read an article a while, saying that Wphone was very safe beating android and iphone.

Last edited:

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
well I only use Wphone and android, and comparing this two I only say that Wphone don't "lag" even with 512 ram. (I use Wphone as my main smartphone, daily):
however, android has more features, I think that with new Windows mobile 10, microsoft os will beat android.

Ps:. I never test Iphone, but I what I read about it's a good os, the best at moment.
I read an article a while you saying that Wphone was very safe beating android and iphone.
Really... So Windows Phone 10 has a future...

Sven

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 5, 2013
Windows Phone
  • Windows Phone needs to work on their application market. They don't even have the well-known basic games or apps from Android / iOS. (ex: Clash of Clans)
  • Windows Phones can run smoothly after 15+ opened apps, so, even the God of Multitask may test it. 512 MBs of RAM is more than enough for this platform because of their greatly modified kernel and low-end-interactions of applications.
  • Battery life is good. Because there is no apps that drain-up battery like on iOS/Android and kernel of the phone is well written etc..
  • Price is really cheap for performance you get, but it lacks the customization of Android and apps of iOS/Android.
Source : I've had Nokia Lumia 625 for 5 months.

Android
  • Performance of Androids are mostly great. Specially if you own a Nexus phone or Pure Google phone. Even the "bloatest" of Androids, which is well-known as Samsung is really cool. There are lot of ways to get rid of that "bloats" or to clean-up if you feel you're getting slow. No biggies here for Android because everything can get modified ;)
  • Battery consumption depends on what you have on your Android, and what is running backgroud.. You'll have at least of 2.8kmAh or maybe even 3k+ mAh battery in your pocket, and you can have it last for just a day or you can recharge it during a conference. It really depends what you use, how you use etc.
  • Features are awesome and best here, no need to write more about it.
  • Customization is the unique feature what makes Android an Android. You can modify nearly everything on an Android phone with some knowledge about how-to-do's.
  • Prices depends. Really. You want a newer phone, your pockets will burn, you need a decent one, you'll certainly save a lot rather buying an iPhone.
Source : I am using Samsung Galaxy Note 3 right at the moment and I am greatly pleased with it.

iPhone/iOS
  • iOS as known as iPhones are great phones for stability. You'll never have sync problems, because iOS is a whole ecosystem. Hmmm let me give an example.. You have an iPhone 6, lets say, you will have your mail accounts in one place, you'll have your calendar and events refreshed every-day and easy to see all the time, your iCloud account is always on-sync etc. iOS is the most stable platform out there and it's great if you're working and you got a lot of projects/events/ideas and need them on-the-go.
  • Features are : easy-to-use, stable, tons of quality apps, developed all-the-time, fast and reliable system etc.
  • Prices are really high.
  • Battery consumption depends, from phone-to-phone not user-to-user.
  • Performance is unbeliveable. You won't have lags, you won't have delays, no need to clean-up, iPhone configure everything by itself.
  • The sad part of iPhones is, you can't modify anything. You just can't. You got a whole pack on your pocket and you can use it only the way Apple Inc. as allowed you.
Of course, you will have your multitasking going on, you'll have your e-mails, push notifications, social life, games and productivity with each Windows Phone/Android/iPhone. They all have the same purpose to serve on. The deal here is :

Android for customization, price (vs. iPhone)
Windows Phone for legitimate and legacy users of Microsoft apps just as Office, SkyDrive, Outlook etc.
iPhone is for persons who wants stability rather than customization.

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Its pretty identical characteristics of OS smartphones as follows:

Battery Consumption:

Honestly I will go between IOS (Iphone) and Windows Phone since they are totally optimized for such lighter task like browsing, messaging and callings. Such program like Facebook, Facebook Messenger which are main culprit to gather lots of battery resource are manage to handle very well. Of course its from the users that properly disable any such communication when idle to conserve for longer times.

In Android, there are instances that the manufacturers can manage very well like ASUS which design to optimize the battery very well which should be the primary concern but other are not quite same thus battery affects from the performance status.

Performance:

IOS got my vote because the optimization of OS is very good at any games I've encountered and use by my classmates/friends, no slowdowns and running very smooth. That's the edge compare to Android where its totally slow on some application and occurrence of crashes exists.

For Windows Phone I assume that should be run well like in IOS; no matter how big the specification provided by the manufacturers in Android. still a slowdown may exist. (Even the first time setup for Android for newly smartphones, I've noticed slowdowns already)

Features:

Android and IOS have a very neck to neck in terms of features, which it couldn't prevent issues/lawsuit about implemented of patent technology.

Android you can do everything as possible, especially application are widely available from Play Store; next to IOS where very prominent too.

But I like the feature of IOS the Camera ability where there is no stabilizer unlike to Android. But Windows Phone where can handle such high quality of pictures/videos on their Camera feature.

Customization:

Android has a widely list of themes and launcher available on the store where you can change depends on your cozy appearance; or with the power of Root you can manage in such full privilege.

IOS and Windows Phone are tend to be limited in such category.

Price:

Most expensive are from IOS products because it handles a one manufacturer (Apple Inc.) so everything from its hardware and all features are made from their own.

Next stop is Windows Phone, since Microsoft manage to acquire Nokia then its prices are a little bit pricey however guaranteed the quality for longer use.

Lastly Android which range from the cheapest until the most expensive where depend on the brand name it handled.

Overall:

My vote goes to IOS in such performance wise, but the things you can do a lot will be from Android and lastly for simpler task then Windows Phone.

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Its pretty identical characteristics of OS smartphones as follows:

Battery Consumption:

Honestly I will go between IOS (Iphone) and Windows Phone since they are totally optimized for such lighter task like browsing, messaging and callings. Such program like Facebook, Facebook Messenger which are main culprit to gather lots of battery resource are manage to handle very well. Of course its from the users that properly disable any such communication when idle to conserve for longer times.

In Android, there are instances that the manufacturers can manage very well like ASUS which design to optimize the battery very well which should be the primary concern but other are not quite same thus battery affects from the performance status.

Performance:

IOS got my vote because the optimization of OS is very good at any games I've encountered and use by my classmates/friends, no slowdowns and running very smooth. That's the edge compare to Android where its totally slow on some application and occurrence of crashes exists.

For Windows Phone I assume that should be run well like in IOS; no matter how big the specification provided by the manufacturers in Android. still a slowdown may exist. (Even the first time setup for Android for newly smartphones, I've noticed slowdowns already)

Features:

Android and IOS have a very neck to neck in terms of features, which it couldn't prevent issues/lawsuit about implemented of patent technology.

Android you can do everything as possible, especially application are widely available from Play Store; next to IOS where very prominent too.

But I like the feature of IOS the Camera ability where there is no stabilizer unlike to Android. But Windows Phone where can handle such high quality of pictures/videos on their Camera feature.

Customization:

Android has a widely list of themes and launcher available on the store where you can change depends on your cozy appearance; or with the power of Root you can manage in such full privilege.

IOS and Windows Phone are tend to be limited in such category.

Price:

Most expensive are from IOS products because it handles a one manufacturer (Apple Inc.) so everything from its hardware and all features are made from their own.

Next stop is Windows Phone, since Microsoft manage to acquire Nokia then its prices are a little bit pricey however guaranteed the quality for longer use.

Lastly Android which range from the cheapest until the most expensive where depend on the brand name it handled.

Overall:

My vote goes to IOS in such performance wise, but the things you can do a lot will be from Android and lastly for simpler task then Windows Phone.
Thanks much.

Reactions: jamescv7

oneeye

Level 4
Verified
Jul 14, 2014
Android for all catagories. But price,you can save big time buying an older model that is updated to the latest os,lollipop. But almost all the mid-rang androids have better hardware than any others,iPhone,Windows. Some of these midrangers are running lollipop out of the box as well. But last years flagship models are the best for every catagory IMHO.

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
For reliability? iPhone or Windows Phones

For cheap prices? Android

For power? Not sure about iPhones but Windows Phone and Android are pretty beefy in specs. Seems iPhones are very weak compared to much cheaper Windows and Android phones. Just not worth the price to me.

For security? Well Android is far inferior to Windows Phone and iPhone here... that much should be obvious without technical knowledge.

I chose Windows Phone for it's power, reliability, medium cost, and it's very good security. I'm had to switch to an Android phone (because I'm moving soon and the Windows Phones from Verizon (the only provider with service where I'm moving) are too expensive (because they are the higher end ones. Unfortunately, they didn't have phones like the Lumia 635 which is cheap and very nice in performance.

While I don't care for overpowered devices (just a huge waste of money but I guess it can feed your ego) it must at least be stable and smooth. As long as it doesn't crash, I don't care about it's specs. I've experienced a ton of crashes on Android. It's really not that stable of an OS unless your using 4.2 or higher. 5.1 (which is on my Motorola Moto E (2nd gen)) is very nice for stability and lower RAM usage.

Whatever phone you chose, just make sure the specs are decent and if possible, have recent to up to date OS.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
For reliability? iPhone or Windows Phones

For cheap prices? Android

For power? Not sure about iPhones but Windows Phone and Android are pretty beefy in specs. Seems iPhones are very weak compared to much cheaper Windows and Android phones. Just not worth the price to me.

For security? Well Android is far inferior to Windows Phone and iPhone here... that much should be obvious without technical knowledge.

I chose Windows Phone for it's power, reliability, medium cost, and it's very good security. I'm had to switch to an Android phone (because I'm moving soon and the Windows Phones from Verizon (the only provider with service where I'm moving) are too expensive (because they are the higher end ones. Unfortunately, they didn't have phones like the Lumia 635 which is cheap and very nice in performance.

While I don't care for overpowered devices (just a huge waste of money but I guess it can feed your ego) it must at least be stable and smooth. As long as it doesn't crash, I don't care about it's specs. I've experienced a ton of crashes on Android. It's really not that stable of an OS unless your using 4.2 or higher. 5.1 (which is on my Motorola Moto E (2nd gen)) is very nice for stability and lower RAM usage.

Whatever phone you chose, just make sure the specs are decent and if possible, have recent to up to date OS.

Please tell me why Android's security is less? Sometimes obvious is not so obvious.

I am using Android for last 5 year. In between I tried windows lumia 520 but got fed up in 15 days.

And android has phones of every range. You want to pay more then go for high range phone.

The one problem with Android is every company is putting their customization over the stock ROM and that's causing the issues. Use stock rom , it's very stable.

Reactions: Nightwalker

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Please tell me why Android's security is less? Sometimes obvious is not so obvious.

I am using Android for last 5 year. In between I tried windows lumia 520 but got fed up in 15 days.

And android has phones of every range. You want to pay more then go for high range phone.

The one problem with Android is every company is putting their customization over the stock ROM and that's causing the issues. Use stock rom , it's very stable.

I'm assuming you've never looked up or heard of how often Android can get infected. Even Google Play has malware on it. Believe I even seen something about this topic on MT itself. Windows Phone and iOS have at least one very good prevention feature in place to stop or prevent the spreading of malware. They also don't allow just anything on their app stores like Google. If you prefer Android, that's great. Phones are personal as are all other devices and what you do with them is your own business. It's even worthy to note that it isn't always necessarily that Android lacks the security features of the other two (which it does) but that most malware is for Android. It's a big fat juicy target due to it's spot in popularity. Just like Windows OS (PC). It has security features but is still too easy infected and those infections can spread easily unlike Windows Phone OS which sandboxes apps. And unlike Android, you can only download apps from the store (Windows Phone and iPhone). You don't even have the option to let third party installations in without hacking your phone up.

Don't think I let anything out. If you use common sense or just use a phone for what it's for calling and SMS (like I do), you'll never get infected on any phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.