Battle Best VPN 2017:PIA vs IPVanish vs NordVPN vs ExpressVPN vs Hotspot Shield vs Windscribe vs CyberGhost

• Thread starter RoadRashWolfenstein
  • Start date
R

RoadRashWolfenstein

Thread author
So recently I've been changing my point of view on how big corporation are tracking me. I used to absolutely don't care. Some events made me realize that privacy is indeed important and that these companies just want to suck and spy as much as they can (i know, i'm a decade late to realize that lol).

Also, i might use a VPN for torrenting, so there's that. I saw that some VPN provide SOCKS5 proxy (PIA, IPVanish and some others) that could be usefull.

Private Internet Access, IPVanish and NordVPN are my favorite so far.

If the company is based in USA, that's not a problem for me.

Thanks a lot ;-)

BugCode

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
AirVPN. Only bad thing maybe is it includes 14 eyes (Italy) . Nothing else. Be smart pick Air!

E: & Yes i have about 20 yrs experience testing & again testing and make some notes different VPN providers. Do not trust any reviews or top 5 VPN listing. Just do your own research/testing with trials(if is) and you will find a provider what will be good for you.

Last edited:

Bryan Lam

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Apr 19, 2015
So recently I've been changing my point of view on how big corporation are tracking me. I used to absolutely don't care. Some events made me realize that privacy is indeed important and that these companies just want to suck and spy as much as they can (i know, i'm a decade late to realize that lol).

Also, i might use a VPN for torrenting, so there's that. I saw that some VPN provide SOCKS5 proxy (PIA, IPVanish and some others) that could be usefull.

Private Internet Access, IPVanish and NordVPN are my favorite so far.

If the company is based in USA, that's not a problem for me.

Thanks a lot ;-)
You really shouldn't be torrenting in all honesty...

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
A friend of mine has been using HotSpot Shield (lifetime premium version) for... high-bandwidth privacy-requiring activities and he says it works flawlessly. (he also resides in a country where there are... penalties for the activities I mentioned)

HotSpot Shield and CyberGhost VPN are top-quality VPN service providers for me.

I only prefer HotSpot Shield because, as I mentioned, they offer that lifetime license for ~$100, which is a HELL of a bargain if you intend to heavily use VPN.

Beyond that, it's a personal preference, and I believe you'd have to read more member opinions, look around online in other websites or even do some personal testing yourself.

Good luck.

P.S. I do not endorse any illegitimate practices, directly, indirectly or otherwise.

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
A friend of mine has been using HotSpot Shield (lifetime premium version) for... high-bandwidth privacy-requiring activities and he says it works flawlessly. (he also resides in a country where there are... penalties for the activities I mentioned)

HotSpot Shield and CyberGhost VPN are top-quality VPN service providers for me.

I only prefer HotSpot Shield because, as I mentioned, they offer that lifetime license for ~$100, which is a HELL of a bargain if you intend to heavily use VPN.

Beyond that, it's a personal preference, and I believe you'd have to read more member opinions, look around online in other websites or even do some personal testing yourself.

Good luck.

P.S. I do not endorse any illegitimate practices, directly, indirectly or otherwise.
Hotspotshield? Really.......wel than you must look up on How much logging they do , zero privacy! They price you pay for the lifetime license might be low , but you pay the rest up with your privacy online! Hounestely......I would not touch their product ever again , not even with a ten foot pole!!! Btw sorry for the harsh words there , it has nothing to do with you as a person , because you are a great Guy!!!

shukla44

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
I have been using Windscribe & KSC (powered by Hotspot Shield) on a regular basis & they both appear very nice to me.
I have tried Cyberghost, liked the premium version, free version is bad (IMO), but a bit on expensive side for me.
I am going to try NordVPN & AirVPN next, to see how are they.

Choosing a VPN client is totally up to you. Try as many you want & find the one which suits your needs. For me, logging & privacy is not that important. I use VPN mostly to unblock certain locked stuff so I prefer bandwidth, speed & ease to use.

As for torrent, there is nothing illegal about using it. I use torrents on a regular basis, i download a lot of stuff using torrent & share a lot with my peers too, nothing wrong about torrenting as long as it is used within the constraints of law.

Last edited:

Kubla

Level 8
Verified
Jan 22, 2017
The only reason I use a VPN is to thwart corporate intrusion, if you are trying to hide from the government you will have to go way beyond just a VPN.

But sounds like you want a VPN provider that doesn’t keep logs, has a very large user base and fast download speeds.

Taking into account that the bigger the service, the more people poring through every exit node and the more difficult it is to isolate a single user from the crowd PIA would fit your requirement nicely.

However it is US based which is considered taboo by a lot of people on the premise that US law compels those providers to log all VPN activity but there are no such data logging requirements for US-based VPN providers. They could be compelled to turn over data by law enforcement if they have any to turn over, but if they don't keep logs there is no data to turn over (as long as they are not logging as they claim).

Which is why the biggest factor in choosing a VPN is not it's based at location, it is not it's features it is your ability trust it.

R

RoadRashWolfenstein

Thread author
Thanks a lot for your advice, i'll give a look to AirVPN and try these VPN myself to make choice. So far Winscribe, PIA and Hotspot Shield seem nice.

Also, i just wanted to say that i use torrent only occasionally. I have subscriptions to Netflix, Amazon Prime and CanalPay and i use mostly iTunes to rent new movies. I use torrenting for stuff that are not available where i live.

Reactions: Deleted member 2913

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.