Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Avira is no doubt the most effective
Tested all
BD is not effective against malwares. Only phishing. However the resource usage is higher than avira
Avast is not so strong in general

edit: avira browser safety is better than google safe browsing + hphosts + ublock with best filters combined

Last edited:

shukla44

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
Add an option to vote others or please specify.

The plugins/extensions i use for safety (in every browser) are - Adguard (with malware & phishing protection ON) & HTTPS Everywhere
In my main browser (firefox), I've one more - NoScript

Adding any other safety extensions for websites is redundant IMO & make the surfing more slower. Safe browsing & Brain already does the most work by not visiting any suspicious sites.

Regards.

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
I voted adguard. The malware filter is very good. You can enable other filters too in the settings. Adguard alone alongside your av will give you enough protection imo.
Between the ones of the av companies I would go for Avira because of their excellent signatures.

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Avira is no doubt the most effective
Tested all
BD is not effective against malwares. Only phishing. However the resource usage is higher than avira
Avast is not so strong in general

edit: avira browser safety is better than google safe browsing + hphosts + ublock with best filters combined
Have you tested Netcraft?

Reactions: shukla44

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Have you tested Netcraft?
not yet but I will test it in the future

@all: sorry I can't find out what norton safe web is
is it an extension installed by norton, or is it a website to check other web reputation (like wot) or is it the same as norton safe search/identify safe?

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
not yet but I will test it in the future

@all: sorry I can't find out what norton safe web is
is it an extension installed by norton, or is it a website to check other web reputation (like wot) or is it the same as norton safe search/identify safe?
You surely can google Norton Safe Web brother ?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.