Best Windows version you've ever used in your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
Started with DOS (can't remember the version) and now using Win 10, each has its pros and cons. But, XP was the best, everything was smooth and simple. Wish it was not thrown away, it could have been updated like they are now updating Win 10.

budda

Level 2
Verified
Feb 13, 2013
No one tried win 8.1? Its as good as windows 7 except the start button which you can get that for free.
I tried windows 10, windows 8 and windows 7 and i saw windows 8.1 is the best till date.
Installed windows 10 and uninstalled it because its not as good as expected because of my old hardware so returned back to windows 8.1 ultimate and its as usual. If you want windows 7 with updates then i recommend you windows 8.1.

windows 8.1 + classic shell menu + Spybot Anti-Beacon = Windows 7 with updates.

Last edited:
T

The paranoid one

I can not forget Windows 3.11. It worked really well, although I think it was not an OS by itself, I think it was a MS-DOS 6.2 graphics platform, but I don't remember it clearly.

And the Oscar goes to:
  1. XP
  2. W10
  3. W7
Yes, I know, I´m an old school guy ;)

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Windows 10, for me.

With all the improvements it has (i.e. security, performance, visual, etc.) compared to the previous OS versions, it's difficult to not choose Windows 10. :)

But, personally, in terms of visual beauty only, Windows 7 wins. :)

I hate the metro style of Windows 8/8.1. :p

russ0408

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jul 28, 2013
I have to go with Windows 10. It's more secure than Windows 7 and is going to even better when Oct. 17th rolls around, and the Windows 10 Fall edition gets released. I see a couple people mention Vista, I had bought Vista Pro way back when to replace XP on my system. I have nothing but fond memories of Vista unlike a lot of other people. It ran great never gave me any problems, I'd have to say I like Vista 2nd.

ispx

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2017
Haven't tried win 10 yet.

440359-ellie-goulding-what-are-you-waiting-for.jpg

upgrade to 10 TM :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.