Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
A long-running scam email campaign that pretends to be an unsubscribe confirmation request has seen an uptick recently. These emails should never be clicked on or responded to as they are designed to harvest working email addresses or to perform some other type of scam.

Over the past week, BleepingComputer has seen a constant stream of emails with subjects like "Confirm your unsubscribe request" or "Client #980920318 To_STOP_Receiving These Emails From Us Hit reply And Let Us Know".
While this is an long-running email scam, this is the first time we encountered them, so we thought we should issue an alert.

Unlike normal unsubscribe notifications, these scam emails do not contain any indication of what you are unsubscribing from and simply state:
Please_confirm your Unsubscribe

To confirm your Unsubscribe, please click here or on the link below.
Unsubscribe me!

Thank you!
Furthermore, these emails come in a variety of templates, with some being more professional looking like the one below.

1564938451838.png

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
I got these today but Gmail placed them into the Spam folder. I still took a look and I'm shocked at how convincing they look. Everyone wants to unsubscribe so you instantly click and that's how they get you. I worry about anyone less savvy.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.