Beware of new Windows activation Trojan

Status
Not open for further replies.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
Malware asks users to pay a €100 fine to re-activate the computer

Bad time to change your mind, in case you are using a non-licensed / trial copy of Microsoft Windows. What the scamsters promise you here, is not what you think you'll get - Don't fall for their trick! This new ransomware in Windows style reminds us of the German Federal Police blackmailing Trojan that came up earlier this year.

In case of an infection, the pc is locked and inoperable. The malware displays a screen with a fake Microsoft Windows activation request:

for image and read more

Update: Beware of new Windows activation Trojan

that's it my reason why i'm not using windows pirate anymore. :)
and buying bundle with notebook or buy DVD installer.
keep original!!
*cheers.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I can say that a user uses pirated OS, he/she know that WGA will popup that WIndows is not a genuine. Unless he/she know its a malware.

D

Deleted member 178

genuine WGA pop up never ask money directly, it just disable non-important updates and put a small message on the desktop.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I think one of the computers at TAFE had one of these. All we had to do was a Ghost Wipe. Thanks for the heads up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.