Periodic malware scanners
Emsisoft Emergency Kit, Malwarebytes 3.0 Free, Zemana AntiMalware Portable
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Google Chrome - uBlock Origin, HTTPS Everywhere
Mozilla Firefox - uBlock Origin, HTTPS Everywhere
Maintenance tools
CCleaner, Revo Uninstaller, Search Everything, TeraCopy, Windows Disk Cleanup & Optimize Drives
File and Photo backup
AOMEI Backupper Standard, Dropbox, and Google Drive
System recovery
Macrium Reflect Free

BigZ

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 15, 2018
Hey Guys,

I'm new to the forums, here is my current security config for my desktop PC.

I recently switched from using Bitdefender Total Security 2018 and Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium with all real-time modules enabled to just using Sophos Home Premium real-time along with some on-demand scanners.

I've been a long time user of Bitdefender and Malwarebytes (lifetime license) and have experimented running one or the other on my machine. Bitdefender on its own runs fine with minimum performance impact, and Windows Defender with Malwarebytes 3.0. Premium is also OK, however Bitdefender with Malwarebytes caused some web-pages to take longer to load.

Still debating whether to activate my Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium license and to use it along with Sophos in real-time. It is my understanding that Sophos Home Premium already has HitmanPro.Alert embedded so maybe using Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium would be redundant.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
BigZ

BigZ

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 15, 2018
Thank you Gandalf_The_Grey for your response.

I found the link you provided informative. I agree that there is a lot of overlap between HitmanPro.Alert and Malwarebytes Premium. So it might be best to just run Malwarebytes as an on-demand scanner.

I was considering running just the web-protection along side it.

Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.