Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Homepage

Bitcasa - infinite storage for your computer, phone, and tablet.
- never run out of space
- no more external hard drives
- no more backing up

Bitcasa is your external hard drive in the cloud that never runs out of space.
It works seamlessly with all your devices - your home computer, your work laptop, your phone, and your tablet - so you can access your stuff everywhere. Sending any file, even HUGE files, to friends and family is instant and simple.

Download - Windows & RT, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, Chrome (FF & Safari soon)

Privacy Policy

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
It seems like it's almost to good to be true.Then after I read the Privacy Policy I realized that it probably is.There are too many vague policies in terms of what they can do with your account and hence all your files if they interpret something as a violation of there policies.Especially the copyright infringement policy.I think I would feel much more secure in purchasing an external hard drive to save my files,pictures and whatever else I choose without the worry of violating a policy and the possibility of loosing all of my stuff by being locked out of my account.I am no angel,so these policies left to someones interpretation @ Bitcasa leaves me apprehensive of something like this.I would be very leery of file sharing using this service.I have external drives to backup my PC & Files

Voted Negative based on Privacy Policies and Terms of use.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Seems good, but would prefer something that you get 2GB for free and then slowly work your way up to that with referrals.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
With the Bitcasa Chrome Extension, it allows to you 'Download to Bitcasa', so if you have the Client running on your PC and Download via your iPhone or Tablet, it should be available on your PC at home -or that's what I understand how it works-.

The Windows App from the Store is OK, but not as easy to use as the Web app.

I didn't bother with the Windows Client version, but they have an interesting idea of having all your "stuff" in one place, including downloads.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.