Bitdefender 2019 version will be available for download on July 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Islam Gamal

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2018
The Autopilot is no longer the one that you knew in the past. Instead it shows you security recommendations based on your computer's usage an on what features you modified in Bitdefender.

An update can still be performed by right-cliking the tray icon and choosing 'Update now'
you are right. this is my mistake. but i hate that it consumes a lot of ram. in my system it takes more than 500 mb.

uduoix

Level 5
Verified
Oct 14, 2015
Keep in mind that this is the first release, some bugs may be present here and there that will be eventually fixed.

Also I don't think that 700MB Ram is too much considering the fact that we live in a time where PCs have 64GB of RAM to be honest.

Really? How many people have 64GB of ram? Most of them still have 8GB some even 4GB.
So far another fail by bitdefender

Reactions: stefanos

StrikeFIN

Level 2
Verified
Dec 15, 2017
Really? How many people have 64GB of ram? Most of them still have 8GB some even 4GB.
So far another fail by bitdefender
Even 32GB is quite rare to see, not talking about 64GB RAM then (personally I have Acer Nitro 5, came with 8GB RAM installed, took off 4GB RAM component and replaced with 8GB, so total 12GB now) :D

700-800MB RAM usage is about what comes straight after installation, without reboot etc. But if 700MB after few days use, then I must say somewhere else is problem than inside AV, of course if screenshots shown with exact bitdefender components using that 700MB RAM, then I could believe it little better.

As going Free version, IMO Kaspersky failed totally with KFA 2019 version. Simply their possible new policy drives new users to buy product to get access for awesome options that were available in 2018 version, but grayed out in 2019 free version, and I do know what I am talking about, as I used KFA 2018 and updated to KFA 2019, and later reinstalled to try again KFA 2019.

BD Free Edition user since then, yeah just because of those grayed out options on KFA 2019 version, my policy.

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You instantly assume it's a fail? What a joke!

How about using the software for a few days, then come back with an actual opinion.

elquenunca

Level 3
Verified
Dec 23, 2017
in my case it uses 400 mb of ram I do not think it is much, installed and for the moment everything ok:oops:(y)
EDITO: just out of curiosity I have looked at what Google consumes and in my case they are 500 mb of ram therefore I do not think that the consumption of bitdefender which is 400 mb of ram is excessive and as they have said previously it is necessary to leave a few days to bitdefender gets used to the computer

Last edited:

uduoix

Level 5
Verified
Oct 14, 2015
I use it on older laptop with 4gb of ram and slows down my laptop like crazy. Boot time is twice longer, opening apps is slow, firefox need 10 seconds to open.

If their goal is to sell product to people with fast PCs then they should say so and not lying about amazing performance.

StrikeFIN

Level 2
Verified
Dec 15, 2017
21vxjQm.png

BD Free Edition, 1.0.12.41

131MB in total, idling. About 30 minutes ago updated, and 1 hour ago run scan.

eXDj

Level 12
Verified
Aug 2, 2015
Very disappointed,net speed is 60% slow GUI and widget is (n)slow start as 2018

MoriartyOW

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
May 8, 2018
Run it for a few hours a day. Let Bitdefender get accustomed to your PC, then come back in a few days.
its stil 400mb after full system scan/reboot/turning on scan only new and changed files. thats not normal at all for a single engine anti virus

Islam Gamal

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2018
i need help, guys.
i installed bitdefender free edition. but when i click on sign in to bitdefender , nothing happen at all.
anybody know how to fix this. thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot (20).png
    Screenshot (20).png
    1.1 MB · Views: 516
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.