Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 9, 2015
E8OzxAk.png

This is the final version ;)

D

Deleted member 2913

The core protection is the same as paid version, right?
Bd has quite good signs & their proactive AVC is quite good.

I have used previous free version & liked it especially for average users, clean GUI, no ads/popups And core protection was the same as paid version as per Bd staff/forum.

I will give this new free a try & see.......
Good free protection for average users

D

Deleted member 2913

Installer is app 232 MB, full offline signs?
And during download if net gets disconnected & you connect again, retry download starts the download fresh i.e no resume.
Damn, no offline installer?

And a weird thing happened here.
After 3rd system restart, I got a Bitdefender window downloading app 367 MB??? I disconnected the net.

Attached is the screenshot, you can see I have Bd free installed And the Bd download window downloading app 367 MB??? And I disconnected the net.
What/Why 367 MB download?

Attachments

• BDF.png
    BDF.png
    439.1 KB · Views: 1,022

adnage19

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
Installer is app 232 MB, full offline signs?
And during download if net gets disconnected & you connect again, retry download starts the download fresh i.e no resume.
Damn, no offline installer?

And a weird thing happened here.
After 3rd system restart, I got a Bitdefender window downloading app 367 MB??? I disconnected the net.

Attached is the screenshot, you can see I have Bd free installed And the Bd download window downloading app 367 MB??? And I disconnected the net.
What/Why 367 MB download?
Hmm, it's very weird because the downloading window is from paid Bitdefender installer, not the free one. The installed of free version looks different.

The core protection is the same as paid version, right?
Right

D

Deleted member 2913

Hmm, it's very weird because the downloading window is from paid Bitdefender installer, not the free one. The installed of free version looks different.

Right
I had installed the free version & install was successful. I browsed/used the system for an hour or so. I had done 2 system restarts previously. When after an hour of using system I just did a system restart again & got the download window And I disconnected the net.

I did system restart again & again got the 367 MB download window, this time I let the download continue. After completing the download, it mentioned unpacking files & then mentioned other Bd product installed & need to uninstall, I clicked Yes to uninstall And after uninstalling Bd free, it started to download Bd free again???

Reverted back to clean snapshot.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.