Bitdefender Free Antivirus 2016 vs FortiClient 5.4 Free

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
For me Forticlient has the edge here in terms of stability and system impact. Its an endpoint solution for free however if you want to use EMS with it you need to pay for the forticlient ems.

Forticlient has cross platform support ipsec and ssl vpn (if you choose to use it) web filter and its user friendly. Light when scanning.

Features and signatures then Bitdefender has the edge.
Bitdefender free has AVC IDS and BHAVE which is their behaviour blocker and if I recall correctly http scanning however it also caused some slow downs on daily operations on my system (mid range system).

However when it comes to removal I have to be honest sometimes both are stubborn (both solutions)

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Bitdefender free I think is a bit more well rounded... awesome signatures, so-so on zero day and quite light on RAM.

FortiClient has great signatures but not very hot on zero day malware. Forticlient takes some resources, but is less buggy and more stable. Both are pretty good tho for free.

My question to MalwareTips friends,
How is Forticlients Firewall?

PauloXBR

Level 1
Verified
Dec 9, 2012
I've tried both and didn´t like. Bitdefender has no configuration, and slowed my navigation. Fortclient blocked several legitimate sites here in my country (Brazil) and caused conflicts with some games.
Today I use ESS 9 which serves me very well.

Daniel Hidalgo

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Mar 17, 2015
Both are very good products but, fortinet I see for more corporate use by the functions that handles, however, Bitdefender antivirus free is a simple inteface and time has engine efficiency. Bidefender and is designed for the user it can handle without fear.
I lean more by Bitdefender :)

H

Herofday

Thread author
What if I were to tell you, there is NO best? :rolleyes:

What Antivirus do you currently use, and why is it important for you to know which one is the better product?
I'm using Windows defender, I am interested to know which of the two antivirus is better or because I noticed that fortinet is doing very well, so I decided to run this thread to have other opinions.I know that no antivirus is the best, but I wanted more opinions as I said.

-Sorry for any grammatical mistakes I'm not native English speakers

Reactions: Ink

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.