New Update Bitdefender Free Antivirus is back

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
Be careful with partitioning SSDS since it takes away their useful life, that's what I have read and investigated, the fewer partitions an SSD has, the better. I have uninstalled both Kaspersky and Bitdefender and have never had a problem. Greetings
I've not found that to be true, or read it, though I'm sure some will believe it - you can have unnecessary partitions but there is no major disadvantage to partitioning though some don't see the point - I have a M.2 Samsung pro partitioned with Windows & data & 4TB SSD partitioned for music & photographs - It's just personal choice but wear does not come into it, SSD's last a lot longer that some think.

Minimalist

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2020
I've not found that to be true, or read it, though I'm sure some will believe it - you can have unnecessary partitions but there is no major disadvantage to partitioning though some don't see the point - I have a M.2 Samsung pro partitioned with Windows & data & 4TB SSD partitioned for music & photographs - It's just personal choice but wear does not come into it, SSD's last a lot longer that some think.
I agree. For me it doesn't matter if SSD life shortens from let's say 15 years to 12, as I will probably replace it sooner.

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
Anyone using the Bitdender Pro or the trial run from the free version? I am wondering about the rescue disc (iso) that you can't create in the free version, if it is windows PE or linux?

Reactions: Sorrento

Snue23

Level 1
Jan 12, 2022
Anyone using the Bitdender Pro or the trial run from the free version? I am wondering about the rescue disc (iso) that you can't create in the free version, if it is windows PE or linux?
It is windows PE ( however you can't create it separately , according to Bitdefender website it is created on installation of Bitdefender in hidden partition ) . Also I think they discontinued their rescue disk iso , now they only have a rescue mode which boots if Bitdefender fails to disinfect some deeply integrated malware , or you manually clicked on it .

Rescue Mode(Bitdefender) More info

Antimalware18

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
I decided to reinstall BD Free to give it another shot, ive been running it for about 3 days now and so far im enjoying it this time around more. slow web browsing disappeared after about an hour of browsing.

I tried to reinstall comodo after I had installed BD and its a no go for me, the computer was sluggish, so ive replaced comodo with Voodooshield and WFC

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Anyone here still using BD Free? Are you getting a lot of popups to upsell etc?
Only 1 popup while visiting banks website, its been quiet for week otherwise

11234bf.png

RansomwareRemediation

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2020
In the latest Bitdefender Free vs Comodo Premium Free test, it suffered a defeat.

That is not a defeat, considering that Bitdefender out of more than 1000 files only ransomware was passed and only 18 files were left over. Bitdefender free does not have ransomware remediation enabled and does not have sanbox either. Unlike comodo, which practically does not act as an antivirus but as a sanbox. If it is not for the sanbox, the machine would be destroyed in Comodo. Leaving over 900 files undeleted. Greetings.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.