Battle Bitdefender Free or F-Secure Ultra Light AntiVirus

Andrew999

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
Bitdefender Free or F-Secure Ultra Light AntiVirus what one has better protection. What do you think? Also what one has better performance. I don't care that much about performance protection. I mainly want good Ransomware and web filter protection.

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Bitdefender Free has strong signatures and a strong BB. It is a very reliable free AV, I do not think a beta product could beat it at all.
the term "beta" got a totally different meaning the past few years. it's more like a "lets see how people like the final product before we release it"

and bug fixes, but 99% of the times it's the final product.

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Ultralight Antivirus has the Bitdefender engine + their in-house engines. It will ask you to download something called "Aquarius" Advanced local offline scanner. That's the Bitdefender engine. :)

So if you go with Ultralight, you will have Bitdefender built in.
Solved: Re: What engines does F-Secure use ? - F-Secure Community - 68282

And yes Ultralight is in "beta." Ultralight is to FS Protection what Chromium is to Chrome.

People do not acknowledge that Bitdefender Free is rarely updated - so if there is a serious protection bug, then it might take many months for the bug to be fixed, if at all. When Bitdefender says Free is offered "as-is," they really mean "as-is."

Reactions: Sunshine-boy

Claw

Level 1
Verified
Feb 11, 2013
I know Bitdefenders defs are updated daily sometimes twice a day, and its web block threat blocking is awesome. And trust me, I've never had any problems or infections at all.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.