Software
Bitdefender Free
Installation
1.00 star(s)
Installation Feedback
Buggy setup that often doesnt even install it and gets you stuck in a restart loop.
Interface (UI)
2.00 star(s)
Interface Feedback
Very simple and nice looking.
Informative.
Usability
4.00 star(s)
Usability Feedback
Easy to understand and quick notifications.
Equally attractive to both advanced and your avarage user.
Performance and System Impact
1.00 star(s)
Performance and System Impact Feedback
Very heavy on resources, ranges from 350-750 megabytes, this is as much as playing a video on chrome, but this resource usage does not slow down your computer.
Protection
4.00 star(s)
Protection Feedback
Very good at detecting all kinds of malware.
Very bad at detecting new malware due to having only a single way of detecting malware, no behavior blocker.
Real-time file system protection
4.00 star(s)
Internet Surf protection
5.00 star(s)
Pros
It's a free software
Easy to use
Simple and non-intrusive
Strong and reliable protection
Accurate and reliable antivirus engine
Effective malicious URL blocking
Effective malware removal
Well designed, clear interface
Cons
Basics-only feature set
Noticeable system impact
Can be resource-hungry
Weak protection against zero-day threats
Not as many features as some competitors
Scans can be rather slow
Software installed on computer
Less than 30 days
Computer Specifications
Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube

Intel Core i5-6400
geForce GTX 1070
C: drive
Manufacturer: SanDisk
Interface: SATA
Capacity: 119 GB

D: drive
Manufacturer: Seagate
Interface: SATA
Capacity: 931 GB
Recommended for
All types of users
Overall Rating
4.00 star(s)
Disclaimer

Any views or opinions expressed are that of the member giving the information and may be subjective.
This software may behave differently on your device.

We encourage you to compare these opinions with others and take informed decisions on what security products to use.
Before buying a product you should consider factors such as price, ease of use, compatibility, and support. Installing a free trial version allows an antivirus to be tested in everyday use before purchase.

Syafiq

Level 11
Verified
If I can remember correctly, Bitdefender Free does have its own Behavior Blocker.. Called Active Virus Control(Now it's called Advanced Threat Defense) But you can't manage any settings except enabling/disabling real time protection and adding exclusion :)

If I can remember correctly, Bitdefender Free does have its own Behavior Blocker.. Called Active Virus Control(Now it's called Advanced Threat Defense) But you can't manage any settings except enabling/disabling real time protection and adding exclusion :)
It doesnt have that in the free version, only in the paid, and its pretty much accurate saying it has no settings whatsoever.

Moonhorse

Level 26
Verified
Content Creator
Buggy setup that often doesnt even install it and gets you stuck in a restart loop.
Is very true, should be installed after clean install of windows

Cons from me; its very hard to pair with other security software like anti-malwares, firewalls ...should rather just run it alone or pair with OSArmor like tool / system hardeners

stefanos

Level 24
Verified
I tried the free version a while ago. Compared to a year ago when I had tried it again the virus signatures was very good. The last time the detection rate was very bad. I thought the problem was because of free version. And Bitdefender has not renewed the free version for years. And the well-known delay in virus signatures on Bitdefender free. But with Evjl's Rain tests I can see that Bitdefender has been downgraded overall.