Status
Not open for further replies.

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
BitDefender, IKARUS company can terminate the partnership with Emsisoft

While the company grew over time antivirus antispyware Emsisoft just talked about a reputable company in the field was the name. IKARUS originating in Australia that the company signing an agreement with the country's firm anti-spyware program (then called a squared) by adding IKARUS antivirus engine market took Emsisoft antimalware program. Although there are many successful test program is provided by the company was awarded lower scores due to false alarms. Displeased with the way a permanent solution to this situation is going to Emsisoft company. Although a definitive explanation yet Emsisoft telecom company, announced at an official partnership with the company terminating within 3 weeks of IKARUS allow us to deal with Bitdefender. BitDefender's antivirus engine will take in agreement Emsisoft antimalware for only the virus database. (the virus will develop the database to take their anti-virus engines) Emsisoft rumors circulating around this case; company description. Do you think you are friends waiting for your views on this topic Emsisoft BitDefender plug?

Source

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
loveboy_lion said:
BitDefender, IKARUS company can terminate the partnership with Emsisoft

While the company grew over time antivirus antispyware Emsisoft just talked about a reputable company in the field was the name. IKARUS originating in Australia that the company signing an agreement with the country's firm anti-spyware program (then called a squared) by adding IKARUS antivirus engine market took Emsisoft antimalware program. Although there are many successful test program is provided by the company was awarded lower scores due to false alarms. Displeased with the way a permanent solution to this situation is going to Emsisoft company. Although a definitive explanation yet Emsisoft telecom company, announced at an official partnership with the company terminating within 3 weeks of IKARUS allow us to deal with Bitdefender. BitDefender's antivirus engine will take in agreement Emsisoft antimalware for only the virus database. (the virus will develop the database to take their anti-virus engines) Emsisoft rumors circulating around this case; company description. Do you think you are friends waiting for your views on this topic Emsisoft BitDefender plug?

Source

I hope they will stay with Ikarus, who is from Austria not Australia I think.
The Bitdefender engine is to common in so many products right now, this makes it a bigger target for virus makers.

/W

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
I would disagree, although it makes a bigger target, bitdefender can harness data from computers using all of its engines. Thus it gives great detections to it.

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
malbky said:
I would disagree, although it makes a bigger target, bitdefender can harness data from computers using all of its engines. Thus it gives great detections to it.

I have read that this is not necessarily true, take Emsisoft for example, if I remember correct they do NOT send samples back to Ikarus.
They just add it to their own database. Same with Hitman Pro also I think?
Look in the past when you had major virus breakouts, all the big names are bypassed to get as much impact as possible.

/W

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
Bitdefender does benefit most of the times due to its shared engine and database since some times there is no option to upload samples to original vendor so people have to submit samples to bitdefender instead for eg:- Trustport , ASCw/AV and some others but this benefits all other vendors as well those who use bitdefenders engine
And mostly all antivirus companies share information these days not all but critical ones but that depends from vendor to vendor
Some vendors tend not to share the info and some times due to their selfish deeds millions of users are some times left defense less

i guess we will have to wait for emsisoft decision after all ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.