Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Better in which term; Detection, Prevention, Features, Memory Usage, Price.. etc

BitDefender Internet Security 2013
http://www.bitdefender.co.uk/solutions/antivirus-comparison.html

AVG Internet Security 2013
http://www.avg.com/gb-en/internet-security

avast! 7 Internet Security
http://www.avast.com/internet-security#tab3

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Actually all three are. Just that AVG 2012 gave me false intrusion alerts, Bitdefender missed a virus. Avast was pretty good.
Bitdefender is also good just in case u want an option. If you want set it and forget its bitdefender.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
This should be left again up to personal opinion. I might say that Avast is better but you and Earth for example might say Bitdefender is better, so it's up to what you think :)

zeus

Thread author
Jan 10, 2012
The problem is that I have paid antivirus bitdefender and avg (gift) and looking for the best combination? I think between bitdefender int.security , BitDefender Antivirus and some firewall armor free or comodo firewall or third option avast with comodo?

Is that a better option all in one or a combination of antivirus and firewall ?

InternetChicken

Jul 16, 2012
Is that a better option all in one or a combination of antivirus and firewall ?
Again it comes down to personal opinion
If i had to choose then BitDefender Internet Security backed up with HitmanPro + Malwarebytes free and as on-demand scanners ,

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
I would recommend an internet security suite especially if you are not into computers. Managing both a firewall+av combo may not be a piece of cake or a simple install and forget solution. But if you want to go with an av+f/w combo my best advice use Emsisoft Antimalware with Online Armor or Avast with Comodo/ Outpost/ Private firewall(lots of popups)
You can also try MSE +Comodo Firewall.
Between Bitdefender and AVG obvious choice is BDIS.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
If you got BD and AVG, don't bother with Avast, unless it's the Free version. Same applies to AVG.

If you're using Windows Vista or 7, then you don't necessarily need a third-party Firewall.

Does BD have any application control in their AV, else use the Internet Security.

I would consider BD in this instance. What do you think about my feedback?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.