Not open for further replies.

Anurag Kuradia

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 17, 2014
Need suggestion for my Pc system ???
which is best product out of these two ?
o_O

Blades

Level 1
Jul 9, 2014
Well you aren't going to get honest reviews here really. This site is full of ESET clueless fanboys who think its far superior to other products, and they're going to be hating on bitdefender claiming it's "heavy" and "buggy". If you really want to pick one, test them for yourself because everyone here will most probably be biased towards ESET. I haven't voted.

Lailson

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 3, 2014
For me both are excellent products and their detection is directly next, a small advantage for ESET and also for the detection of PUPs
Eset is lighter and works better in the system, but has one of the weakest markets in proactive defenses default settings. Bitdefender has many false positives, plus at least this new version has a much better proactive defense, might use more resources on the computer.
Stay with Eset, and suggest you try Emsisoft (Uses engine bitdefender plus your own motor) is lightweight, has the best BB on the market today and look at the case of Kaspersky antivirus paid.

Last edited:

Mateotis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2014
Well you aren't going to get honest reviews here really. This site is full of ESET clueless fanboys who think its far superior to other products, and they're going to be hating on bitdefender claiming it's "heavy" and "buggy". If you really want to pick one, test them for yourself because everyone here will most probably be biased towards ESET. I haven't voted.

Well, some testing sites always tend to favor BitDefender for some reason. :p

kjdemuth

Level 9
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
I would try both of them out for 30 days each. A lot of the time people don't give security software a good trial. I would literally run both for 30 days and see what you think. Bitdefender also has a lot of 90 day or even longer trials. I tried Eset a few years ago and hated it. I would only use WSA or Avast. Now I'm using Eset and I'm loving it. I'm trying out Bitdefender in VM at the moment and it's running well.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I don't see how he is not going to get an honest answer or where all the "clueless" eset fanboys are. I do however agree with your statement about trying both on your own system and then determine which is best for you.
I have found that eset ran the best for me on Windows 8 since its release. It is very light,no bugs or conflicts and provides excellent protection.
Bitdefender on the other hand gave me BSOD's on Windows 8. It had a lot of bugs. In bitdefenders defense after these problems they then claimed it wasn't compatible yet. Although this was well into Windows 8 release. Nevertheless I would think it is probably much better now and the problems have been fixed. I have run 2014 on windows 7 and it was fine.
For the sake of this thread my personal opinion would be eset however my advice is to try both because that is the only way you will get your answer

Blades

Level 1
Jul 9, 2014
I don't see how he is not going to get an honest answer or where all the "clueless" eset fanboys are. I do however agree with your statement about trying both on your own system and then determine which is best for you.
I have found that eset ran the best for me on Windows 8 since its release. It is very light,no bugs or conflicts and provides excellent protection.
Bitdefender on the other hand gave me BSOD's on Windows 8. It had a lot of bugs. In bitdefenders defense after these problems they then claimed it wasn't compatible yet. Although this was well into Windows 8 release. Nevertheless I would think it is probably much better now and the problems have been fixed. I have run 2014 on windows 7 and it was fine.
For the sake of this thread my personal opinion would be eset however my advice is to try both because that is the only way you will get your answer

He isn't going to get an honest answer because many users here tend to disrepute and "shame" bitdefender. I have tried them both and none of them caused any major issues. No slow downs even though my PC is an old one. The bitdefender team obviously worked hard on their product and as a result it sports one of the best engines when it comes to detection. I've been lurking for a long time here and all i've been reading is negative reviews on bitdefender, you can see them offering countless bitdefender giveaways for the sake of making their product more popular. You might think it's not a big issue, but the reviews here most definitely had a negative impact on their sales.

Edit: I also apologize for stating my opinion aggressively, I was just infuriated.

Last edited:

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
He isn't going to get an honest answer because many users here tend to disrepute and "shame" bitdefender. I have tried them both and none of them caused any major issues. No slow downs even though my PC is an old one. The bitdefender team obviously worked hard on their product and as a result it sports one of the best engines when it comes to detection. I've been lurking for a long time here and all i've been reading is negative reviews on bitdefender, you can see them offering countless bitdefender giveaways for the sake of making their product more popular. You might think it's not a big issue, but the reviews here most definitely had a negative impact on their sales.

Edit: I also apologize for stating my opinion aggressively, I was just infuriated.
Well, some testing sites always tend to favor BitDefender for some reason. :p
No AV is perfect. Not even ESET. Not even my favorite, Webroot. There are always unlucky users who end up with problems, and it seems like a lot have been grouped at MalwareTips :p

Why I don't like Bitdefender and like ESET: I used to favor Avast! but when I tested ESET, I was hooked on it. However, I only spent 4 days with it before moving on to test Bitdefender, who trashed my computer by letting a ton of adware through and modified Adguard so it couldn't take any licenses and now it's sitting there useless.

Just to note, PCMag (and other review sites) invests a lot of their time doing AV testing, and make money out of it, so they may call the antivirus vendors for issues and fixes, while the casual user needs to go to school/work, so they don't have a lot of time doing the troubleshooting process.

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014

BitDefender's commitment to protection cause them two major problems:

1. False Positives
2. Heaviness on the System

If you have a powerful computer, BitDefender is just fine. Its bugs aren't destructive on the OS.

Reactions: Littlebits

trainbus120

Level 10
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
I totally agree with Blades. Bitdefender has far more features and utilities. Its detection is one of the best in the industry. Though initially it might be a bit heavy but soon it adjusts itself to the system. Safepay and Optimization features are awesome. I shall rate it higher to ESET .

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.