Battle Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 vs Kaspersky Internet Security 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukajlo

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 20, 2011
I want to buy KIS 16 key but I still have BitDefender. Whats you experience with those two Anitivirus?
1 more question, if someone knows, can I activate KIS 16 with KIS 15 unactivated key?
Thanks everyone, this is very important to me

Reactions: done

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
You won't notice any difference unless you get hit by crypto ransomware, or malware imbedded within the system memory, if you read their manual you will see that 64bit OS has limited to no protection against advanced malware. I argued this with their tech support, who gave in and told me to remove it, that’s poor, if I choose to keep it I shouldn’t do online banking, install new software, or visit new websites. I’m afraid, considering Norton, ESET, avast! have no limitation, it’s a terribly unfinished, and rushed product.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Well so far so good for me. didnt notice anything strange, blocked few sites .... We should wait and see.
If your computer runs Windows 10, Kaspersky products are still working as far as basic protection is concerned. But, if you are hit by an advanced malware, I believe that Kaspersky products may not be able to protect you given that these products are limited in protection.

You may find the limitations here: Limitations in Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 after an upgrade to Windows 10
It's still applicable until Kaspersky releases a patch(es) sometime on the early September.

Reactions: Butterfly

Lukajlo

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 20, 2011
I have contact Kaspersky support on the Twitter and on my question: Will you ever fix those limitations: http://support.kaspersky.com/11736
They answer me this: We are always working to improve our products and offer patches as they roll out.
This is stupid answer, I was expect something like We already did... or We will very soon....

Microlab

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 6, 2014
Kaspersky 2016 is great. Volume low Update, the download size small, modern facilities, excellent antivirus style interface.;) But BitDefender, heavy, high-volume update, bad interface, low protection against Kaspersky technology.

Reactions: omidomi

Lukajlo

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 20, 2011
Kaspersky 2016 is great. Volume low Update, the download size small, modern facilities, excellent antivirus style interface.;) But BitDefender, heavy, high-volume update, bad interface, low protection against Kaspersky technology.
Dont be so sure, on every AV test they are very close, on some KIS is better and on some BitDefender is better. On Windows 10, BitDefender is much much better, for now ;)

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Dont be so sure, on every AV test they are very close, on some KIS is better and on some BitDefender is better. On Windows 10, BitDefender is much much better, for now ;)

Bitdefender dont even have a official compatible version yet (2016 - windows 10 compatible is still beta)

rupeshkj

Level 7
Verified
Oct 31, 2013
Kaspersky is on the list too... You can read their methodology for Windows 10 approval under the list, it just means that it runs - not if all components are working. ;)

That's true but even on Bitdefender's Official Site in the system requirements Windows 10 is included.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 350

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
> Which one can you use with Sandboxie?
> Which one will micro/macro viruses?
> Which one stop scripts?
> Which one stop worms?

Something to think about!;)

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
What was 23rd? It was officially released today "Patch a has been officially released. Don't forget to restart your system after updating." 23rd was when the beta version was released for testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.