Battle Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 vs Kaspersky Internet Security 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukajlo

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 20, 2011
I want to buy KIS 16 key but I still have BitDefender. Whats you experience with those two Anitivirus?
1 more question, if someone knows, can I activate KIS 16 with KIS 15 unactivated key?
Thanks everyone, this is very important to me

Reactions: done

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
What is the best (if any) antivirus for 64bit operating systems? Kaspersky only provides 32bit software, and not a specific 64bit download - I was really shocked to learn that such a big company offers limited 64bit protection.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
What is the best (if any) antivirus for 64bit operating systems? Kaspersky only provides 32bit software, and not a specific 64bit download - I was really shocked to learn that such a big company offers limited 64bit protection.

Enju already explained to you in this thread that it isnt a isolated problem with Kaspersky, it is a limitation of Patchguard in 64 bits.
I actually like Kaspersky approach, because they are very transparent about these limitations while many security vendors just ignore these aspects. (DefenseWall developer has the same honest and transparent behavior about Patchguard - 64bits).

Kaspersky in Windows x64 seems to be limited, but it is only a question of perspective, many security vendors dont have those features at all and yet you and others think they are somehow "better".

Reactions: XhenEd and Enju

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Not at all, one came to this forum to learn about the security of today, and tomorrow, I would just like to establish a baseline of a good security suite that will protect my system/offers the best protection within Windows 10, and specifically the 64bit operating system. Which security vendor is the best is mere hearsay, and at best we can offer our input and come up with a general consensus, of what we see fit. If these limitations are now commonplace then this should have been sorted out between Microsoft and the AV industry, how long has Windows 10 been in beta. And I put this question to you, why is Kaspersky able to sort out these limitations just a few weeks after the official release, you cannot say they never had access to Windows 10 prior to this.

Reactions: XhenEd

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Kaspersky in Windows x64 seems to be limited, but it is only a question of perspective, many security vendors dont have those features at all and yet you and others think they are somehow "better".
But Kaspersky team already confirmed that their latest products are indeed limited in protection with Windows 10. See: Limitations in Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 after an upgrade to Windows 10

The team also already confirmed that they'll solve the problems within September.
Thus, I think that it's not all about being a 64-bit OS, but it's really about Kaspersky products having limited functionality in Windows 10 regardless of "bits".

Reactions: Tony Cole
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.