Advice Request Bitdefender Internet Security 2016 "Please sign in to activate..."

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericfox125

Thread author
Oct 8, 2015
The Bitdefender system tray icon is grayed out. When hovering over it, it says "Please sign in to activate Bitdefender"

When I open Bitdefender window, it says my account still has 178 days left on it.

Can anyone help?

Reactions: kiric96

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
The Bitdefender system tray icon is grayed out. When hovering over it, it says "Please sign in to activate Bitdefender"

When I open Bitdefender window, it says my account still has 178 days left on it.

Can anyone help?
There are many reports about this in the Wilders. This is probably a bug of Bitdefender.

Reactions: frogboy and Jack
H

hjlbx

Can anyone help?

You have to sign into Bitdefender Central to activate the 6 month license.

Create account, sign in, then BIS 2016 should auto-activate...

Reactions: XhenEd
H

hjlbx

in my case bitdefender gui wont show up at all, then i cant do anything.. just bitdefender there doing pretty much nothing in my pc :/

Heh, heh... typical, odd, quirky BD mis-behavior.

Try link provided above. Maybe if you sign in through the online portal it will correct issue. Perhaps not, but you have nothing to lose.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
It needs to be refresh by sign in your account of Bitdefender, usually happen after you install the product on your system. Try it and check the result.

H

hjlbx

Bitdefender would be an ideal advanced antivirus for me... if it worked as described.

Every time I try it, it ends up malfunctioning or causes serious system issues.

I have tried it on 4 separate systems. Each time I uninstalled it after only a day or so.

Like I always say, if you can't get something to work, then it is worthless...

Reactions: SherKaan and XhenEd

ericfox125

Thread author
Oct 8, 2015
I signed into Bitdefender Central and checked my subscription. I got the free 6-month key and it's working. I have 170 days left. It's just on the desktop, the Bitedefender icon is grayed out and says I to sign in to activate.

I'm signed in on my account. The Bitdefender Menu opens and says I have 170 days left. It's just the icon is grayed out. Plus, I can't use the widget.

The notifications section (the bell on the upper right hand corner of Bitdefender Central Profile) shows an "Issue" every time Bitdefender is turned on on my computer.

H

hjlbx

I signed into Bitdefender Central and checked my subscription. I got the free 6-month key and it's working. I have 170 days left. It's just on the desktop, the Bitedefender icon is grayed out and says I to sign in to activate.

I'm signed in on my account. The Bitdefender Menu opens and says I have 170 days left. It's just the icon is grayed out. Plus, I can't use the widget.

The notifications section (the bell on the upper right hand corner of Bitdefender Central Profile) shows an "Issue" every time Bitdefender is turned on on my computer.

To activate the 180 day license, you have uninstall a trial version obtained from elsewhere.

In other words, you have to use the installer that is downloaded from Bitdefender Central; if you used any other installer then there will be problems because all activation\authentication occurs via a link between the BD Central installer and BD Central portal.

If you did use the correct installer, try BD Repair function.

On W8/8.1 it can be found as a tile on the Start Menu.

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
Heh, heh... typical, odd, quirky BD mis-behavior.

Try link provided above. Maybe if you sign in through the online portal it will correct issue. Perhaps not, but you have nothing to lose.

thanks for your help, sadly it wont work... well i give up on this version i may keep bitdefender 2014 on my pc, after all bitdefender just bloated their software, compared with 2014 version this one is almost the same in terms of protection... and yes, it is a headache with bugs, but for me i think is ok (not the best) but they manage to make me happy despite the bugs and BSOD xD

H

hjlbx

thanks for your help, sadly it wont work... well i give up on this version i may keep bitdefender 2014 on my pc, after all bitdefender just bloated their software, compared with 2014 version this one is almost the same in terms of protection... and yes, it is a headache with bugs, but for me i think is ok (not the best) but they manage to make me happy despite the bugs and BSOD xD

I would use BD if it worked. I value minimalist softs... plus BD firewall policies at max settings are 1st rate... up there with Comodo and Emsisoft.

H

hjlbx

You have to use NEW BD Uninstall tool. Download from BD forum. Search "How to upgrade BD 2014\15 to 2016." You will find "How to" link to BD about how to carry out process.

Once run NEW tool, then do a manual search of registry. CTRL + F "Bitdefender." Delete all remaining keys. Reboot. Then follow instructions for 2016 install.

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
You have to use NEW BD Uninstall tool. Download from BD forum. Search "How to upgrade BD 2014\15 to 2016." You will find "How to" link to BD about how to carry out process.

Once run NEW tool, then do a manual search of registry. CTRL + F "Bitdefender." Delete all remaining keys. Reboot. Then follow instructions for 2016 install.
well actually i did use revouninstall which is better i think... but well i decided to go back with emsisoft, i tried to reinstall almost three times with no sucess and the last time i got an error with bdelam.sys which almost locked me out of my pc (not even in safe mode could boot) so i will wait few months to see if they repair those problems, we are in october, may be i will wait until 2016 to use bitdefender 2016 lol xD

H

hjlbx

Bitdefender - Every bit is full of Bugs. They should rename it to Bi-Bugger :p
Had horrible experience last time and never gonna use it again.

Every time I try a new version it doesn't even last 3 days on my systems... serious\critical issues begin within the first 24 hours.

It's the same ... every new version ...

Adarsh

Dec 16, 2015

Can anyone help?
You need to install a latest version of Bitdefender. First uninstall an older one and then re install again with latest version.

acme

Level 1
Apr 29, 2012
I tried Bitdefender Plus 2016 and paid for it up front. I got a 30 day trial and please 'Activate now' o_O Still waiting for the Activate Key.....

:(

Last edited:

bunchuu

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2015
I got same issue here, I found temporary solution. Please restart your computer then your Bitdefender will be active again (in next boot). However. no permanent solution has been worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.