App Review BitDefender Internet Security 2016 (Tweaked Settings) Prevention and Detection Test (safe1st)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
Well, I don't recommend you to use IDS in aggressive or normal. I had problems while installing malwarebytes: it killed the installation, so i let it on permissive. It seems that IDS is working but displaying no alerts. Bitdefender is not So great at detecting PUPs because it's a choice of the developers in my opinion. They choose to not detect chinese adware as well as lots of PUPs, even if you SUD them. I left BD for this reason, but I really like Active Threat Control and BD ransomware protection.

8-Bit Ghetto

Level 1
Verified
Mar 16, 2016
BitDefender is really good in my opinion, but I hope they fix the ram usage and please have customer support staffs on their forum. Other than that, I would recommend this product to my friends if BitDefender willing to solve these two issues.

safe1st

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 29, 2016
Well, I don't recommend you to use IDS in aggressive or normal. I had problems while installing malwarebytes: it killer the installation, so i let it on permissive. Bitdefender is not So great at detecting PUPs because it's a choice of the developers in my opinion. They choose to not detect chinese adware as well as lots of PUPs, even if you SUD them. I left BD for this reason

I think its not only BD.. isnt it?

BitDefender is really good in my opinion, but I hope they fix the ram usage and please have customer support staffs on their forum. Other than that, I would recommend this product to my friends if BitDefender willing to solve these two issues.

Hopefully they lower ram usage.
But its ok if you have 8GB of ram..

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
I think its not only BD.. isnt it?
Yeah.. Finding a lot of computers infected with adware, running mostly avast and avira.. Many Free and paid software have problems with adware, because it doesn't damage the system at all but it's annoying..

Reactions: safe1st
H

hjlbx

Bitdefender is very good in some areas, in others not so good. It is one of the better choices amongst security suites, but I do not think it is anything super special.

Bitdefender needs to do a much better job of explaining their settings and dependencies - plus what its products do under certain circumstances. Over at the Bitdefender forum you see the same questions time and again because user after user is confused about what Bitdefender does and does not do - why it does this and that, why it doesn't do this or that.

This sort of thing is not just limited to Bitdefender; most security soft vendors do a very poor job of adequately explaining their products. The end result is that users get frustrated since they can't figure out what is happening, why it is happening and then just abandon the soft. It is the vendor's fault and not the user's.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Bitdefender Internet Security is not a surprise security product nowadays, considering the performance and overall reliability which contribute highly to the users.

Other aspects are mainly more on the configuration by user to attain its maintenance like Anti-Ransomware module.

Reactions: safe1st

safe1st

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 29, 2016
Thanks everyone who REALLY supports me, always watch my videos.

Read my profile post for details. I dont know if it deleted soon by admins or mods. Hopefully not deleted. So everyone know....
@Jack @Huracan

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.