Advice Request Bitdefender IS and Comodo firewall

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evgeny

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 1, 2015
Hey will Bit Is work in handy with Comodo firewall?

thanks in advice.

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
I tried before. BSOD twice and black screen on start-up. I have to boot it from USB and system restore.

I think both might not be compatible.

Reactions: Evgeny

Evgeny

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 1, 2015
I tried before. BSOD twice and black screen on start-up. I have to boot it from USB and system restore.

I think both might not be compatible.

Well that says everything, thank you.

thepierrezou

Level 8
Verified
Sep 25, 2013
Comodo with a antivirus can sometimes cause issue. I was having issue with avira and comodo, qihoo and comodo too. But I'm not 100% sure, it has been a long time since I was having these problems.

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
Don't do it, BitDefender is not that good. If you set Comodo Firewall with the Auto-Sandbox you don't need anything else.

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Unless Bit Defender is paying me to use it I won't use it again :p

Don't use Bit IS along with comodo firewall.

If you want to use then use Bitdefender Antivirus along with Comodo Firewall. ( Or why not just use Comodo Internet Security instead ).

Evgeny

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 1, 2015
I have just installed, and i think its already conflicts with my hitmanproalert, the only thing i dont like about bit, its their crappy firewall, i whish that they can build one like what is using emsisoft. Gonna unistall it, i like to change time to time av, i have norton, emsi, both licensed, im also like 360 total security with comodo firewall...

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
I'm running Avira free + Hitman Pro free + Comodo firewall, no conflict for me on my old laptop.

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
I'm afraid BitDefender IS and COMODO Firewall have security modules with overlapping function (both have a Network Firewall module and a "behavioural blocking" system). This would mean that there definitely will be conflicts, and severe ones, as people described in this thread.

I would recommend to choose either COMODO products OR BitDefender products - not both at once.

If you'd like to use them simultaneously, I would recommend you try BitDefender Antivirus (either the free version or the Plus version) and COMODO Firewall. That way, there will be no conflicting modules between the two applications. (BitDefender Antivirus provides malware detection via signatures/heuristics and COMODO Firewall functions as a HIPS, Sandbox and Network Firewall)

This could actually be a nice combo. (unless they conflict with each other) :D

Reactions: XhenEd

Evgeny

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 1, 2015
I'm afraid BitDefender IS and COMODO Firewall have security modules with overlapping function (both have a Network Firewall module and a "behavioural blocking" system). This would mean that there definitely will be conflicts, and severe ones, as people described in this thread.

I would recommend to choose either COMODO products OR BitDefender products - not both at once.

If you'd like to use them simultaneously, I would recommend you try BitDefender Antivirus (either the free version or the Plus version) and COMODO Firewall. That way, there will be no conflicting modules between the two applications. (BitDefender Antivirus provides malware detection via signatures/heuristics and COMODO Firewall functions as a HIPS, Sandbox and Network Firewall)

This could actually be a nice combo. (unless they conflict with each other) :D

Thanks I'll certainly try bit av with comodo firewall, now I am stopped at Norton internet security, should I change to Bit av + Comodo firewall? Because Norton is really good itself.

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Thanks I'll certainly try bit av with comodo firewall, now I am stopped at Norton internet security, should I change to Bit av + Comodo firewall? Because Norton is really good itself.
It's been a VERY long time since I last looked at NIS.
Both cases have their pros and cons.
NIS is easy to configure: Simply install it and that is pretty much it. You have easy access to its features, and everything should work as planned. I am unsure, however, the actual level of security it provides versus zero-day or unknown malware, and the prevention capabilities it offers.
The BitDefender Free AV + COMODO Firewall combo I can guarantee will be extremely powerful versus essentially any and all threats, combined of course with the proper computer use and surfing habits, however the products might need some tweaking so that the combo works optimally in terms of performance and detection/prevention capabilities. For example, COMODO Firewall might need to be set to some stricter configuration for it to provide the best possible security.

In the end, however, I'd best recommend the combo of BitDefender Free AV + COMODO Firewall instead of NIS, as this combo would offer more powerful layers of security for your system. Also, a very important factor to take into account: BitDefender Free AV and COMODO Internet Security are free to download and use.

The choice of course is up to you, and don't worry, MalwareTips is always here for you to consult if you need any further information. :D

Evgeny

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 1, 2015
It's been a VERY long time since I last looked at NIS.
Both cases have their pros and cons.
NIS is easy to configure: Simply install it and that is pretty much it. You have easy access to its features, and everything should work as planned. I am unsure, however, the actual level of security it provides versus zero-day or unknown malware, and the prevention capabilities it offers.
The BitDefender Free AV + COMODO Firewall combo I can guarantee will be extremely powerful versus essentially any and all threats, combined of course with the proper computer use and surfing habits, however the products might need some tweaking so that the combo works optimally in terms of performance and detection/prevention capabilities. For example, COMODO Firewall might need to be set to some stricter configuration for it to provide the best possible security.

In the end, however, I'd best recommend the combo of BitDefender Free AV + COMODO Firewall instead of NIS, as this combo would offer more powerful layers of security for your system. Also, a very important factor to take into account: BitDefender Free AV and COMODO Internet Security are free to download and use.

The choice of course is up to you, and don't worry, MalwareTips is always here for you to consult if you need any further information. :D

Im agree with you, in terms of protection, bit av and comodo firewall (with right setting) will be supurb, well using comodo firewall alone, cab be more than enough with sandbox/virtualization, about norton, norton is very light ( at least the last version) norton has a good sonar protection, it will detect suspicious files when they still havent added their signature, its behavior blocker is better than emsisoft ( a bit better), in my opinion bit and norton have simular behavior blocker, except bit is reacting quit faster than norton, well, i will give a shot to bit and comodo firewall :) (and sorry for my bad english)

Reactions: Sr. Normal

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Im agree with you, in terms of protection, bit av and comodo firewall (with right setting) will be supurb, well using comodo firewall alone, cab be more than enough with sandbox/virtualization, about norton, norton is very light ( at least the last version) norton has a good sonar protection, it will detect suspicious files when they still havent added their signature, its behavior blocker is better than emsisoft ( a bit better), in my opinion bit and norton have simular behavior blocker, except bit is reacting quit faster than norton, well, i will give a shot to bit and comodo firewall :) (and sorry for my bad english)
Continuous experimentation leads to the optimal result! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.