Battle Bitdefender IS 2015 vs Panda Antivirus Pro 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sr. Normal

Thread author
Hi :)

I can choose between these two products, as there are promos for both six months.

I know their free versions, but do not know the differences between their firewalls or which one is actually better to protect a computer with Windows 7. (i5, 8GBs RAM)

What I know for sure is that the chosen will be accompanied by Crystal Security and in both cases would use weekly demand scanners.

For you, what it is the best ?, and Why?

S

Sr. Normal

Thread author
I started using it for testing in Malware Hub, and at first took me to understand his philosophy, then I just could not understand why it was not more recognized.
In the last month you see that it uses a lot more people.

In 2014 my findings software were Voyaguer Linux and Crystal Security

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Based on observation from its combination of users testimony and reviews, Bitdefender has an edge from its detecting capabilities especially their suspicious Behavior in Action.

Meanwhile Panda's Cloud functionality is fine but differ compare on other products. However be sure to test it since Panda as promoting to be *100 % from AV-Comparatives which consistency isn't justifiable.

L

LabZero

Thread author
I I tested them both and leaving the various lab-test I have to say that perhaps BD has a better detection rate even though obviously the quality of an AV is not measured just so.
On my Windows 8.1 system, when I tried to install BD Internet Security about three months ago, caused BSOD.
But I guess now this bug has been fixed.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Believe it or not Panda was heavy on my system and browsing was very slow.
On the other hand BD didn't gave me any bugs but after a few days i experienced some browsing slowdowns.
If i had to choose from these 2 i have to say BD it offers a better level of protection.
This is just my opinion and i hope i have helped;)

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Bitdefender will be far better at protecting your system. I've also used Crystal Security with Bitdefender IS and there were no conflicts excluding if you push it's defense modules up to max settings. Then all you have to do is add exclusions. Bitdefender is also the only security product that hasn't stopped Crystal Security from connecting to VirusTotal (in my personal experience, this may differ with other people). I've never put any real effort into Panda products as I do not like cloud based AV unless it's using it for reduced false positives alongside it's signatures like Emsisoft.

The only thing I find that Panda does better is a faster and easier way to exclude a file it detects.

S

Sr. Normal

Thread author
Thank you all, friends. :)

Clearly BD is your favorite. I installed it to test it and the truth is that the computer takes longer to boot and I think the Internet is a bit (not too much) slower than before.

But as you say, if the detection is higher than Panda and the thing I want is to be protected.

I'll pass once a week EEK and Xvirus .

Thanks friends. You have helped me a lot. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.