Bitdefender SafeGo for Facebook is now available for download

Will you try Bitdefender SafeGo for Facebook?

• Yes

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • No

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • I don't have a Facebook account

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Bitdender has announced the official release of Bitdefender SafeGo.

Posts on your wall, comments from friends, status updates. These are the tools that help you build your online social interactions. But don’t forget that your online social life relies on a crucial ingredient: your friends’ trust in you. So why let infected links, spam or deftly crafted scams step in and spoil your fun? After all, we’ve all had enough of the “see who viewed your profile” tricks and of its countless siblings.
Using in-the-cloud scanning, Bitdefender Safego protects your social network account from all sorts of e-trouble: scams, spam, malware and private data exposure. But, most importantly, Safego keeps your online friends safe and …close.

The full version of BitDefender Safego for Facebook ,will offer a range of key benefits, including:
  • 24/7 scanning of newsfeeds for malicious content
  • The “Friend’o’meter” to help build a safe network of friends
  • Integrated Quickscan, which relies on award-winning BitDefender technologies to check your PC for threats within 60 seconds

The app can be accessed here: http://apps.facebook.com/bd-safego

This is a cool graphic made by Bitdefender which shows the Facebook scam evolution in the past months.
[attachment=531]

Didn't manage to find new videos for this app. but you can still watch this older videos and see SafeGo at work.
BitDefender safego in action
Uploaded by BitDefenderWorld on Dec 8, 2010

Facebook app BitDefender safego
Uploaded by geraner on Oct 31, 2010

Attachments

• Facebook_Infographic_full.png
    Facebook_Infographic_full.png
    469.8 KB · Views: 656
Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I really like this application in Facebook and until know still using it. It caught so many scams since I add it.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I've been using this since Beta, but it's never found anything for me. They recently added scan your inbox, but I didn't allow that. ;)

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
If I had a Facebook I would give this a run. ;) I'll depend on those who do for feedback.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
i got an invalid url
What did link did you tried? This one does work if you want to download this app. http://apps.facebook.com/bd-safego/

I'm not a real Facebook user so this app. isn't very useful to me,but my girlfriend is a Facebook user and to protect her I've installed on her laptop(browser to be more specific) the "WOT" addon.... which gives a rating for every link that she has on her "Wall" ....Can SafeGo do something that WOT can't ?.. Please note that I trust 100times more WOT ratings than the ones from SafeGo :D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Yes absolutely Jack, +1 for WOT still Safego is good to use and warn your friends that link was scam/direct to viruses.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Web of Trust doesn't do anything to notify you about unwanted content on your or your friends wall. This is where SafEgo comes in.

D

Deleted member 178

i use Fb and never had any kind of issue with it, of course i allow only people i know or my friends really know and i dont use any of fb apps.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Considering it was in Beta for 8 months, I'm glad they released it. Although, improvements can always be made in the months ahead. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.