JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,
On my Windows 10 pro PC, I'm running (BDTS 2017 + Voodoo Shield Pro + Malwarebytes 3), and this combo is very smooth for me, but when I saw the results of MT tests here : AV Test - MalwareTips - Bitdefender Report - March 2017 and here : AV Test - MalwareTips - Kaspersky Report - March 2017, I think that these tests demonstrated that Kaspersky did a better job then Bitdefender:rolleyes:
So my question is to know if it is a good idea to replace BD by KIS on my config ?
Thanks
NB: I have paid keys for both

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Thanks @Evjl's Rain :)
And MB3 is not useful ?
completely not useful :)
I highly recommend you to uninstall it asap because it causes more problems than protection. In my video I demonstrated how effective BD with ATC aggressive + antiransomware were without signatures
It only missed MBR ransomwares, which are rare and usually covered by signatures. It blocked everything else

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
OK;)

completely not useful :)
I highly recommend you to uninstall it asap because it causes more problems than protection. In my video I demonstrated how effective BD with ATC aggressive + antiransomware were without signatures
It only missed MBR ransomwares, which are rare and usually covered by signatures. It blocked everything else
OK, thanks;)

Reactions: Evjl's Rain

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
On my Windows 10 pro PC, I'm running (BDTS 2017 + Voodoo Shield Pro + Malwarebytes 3), and this combo is very smooth for me, but when I saw the results of MT tests here : AV Test - MalwareTips - Bitdefender Report - March 2017 and here : AV Test - MalwareTips - Kaspersky Report - March 2017, I think that these tests demonstrated that Kaspersky did a better job then Bitdefender:rolleyes:
All tests were conducted in protected virtual environment. Due to the small number of samples used in these tests, you should take results with a grain of salt. This test shows how the tested product behaves with certain malware samples, under unique circumstances, in a given period of time. Product’s malware detection rate is not an equivalent of protection. This should not be mixed up. MalwareTips encourage you to compare these results with others and take informed decisions on what security products to use.

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello @BoraMurdar
Thanks for explanations. Of course I understand that one test is not enough to decide what is the better AV, but March test is sadly bad for Bitdefender:eek:

Reactions: PCGamer

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Thanks for explanations. Of course I understand that one test is not enough to decide what is the better AV, but March test is sadly bad for Bitdefender:eek:
Don't fix what isn't broken. If Bitdefender works fine with you then you shouldn't change it for 1 or 111 tests made by MalwareTips, random AV tester from Youtube or AV-Comparatives which proves the opposite.

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Don't fix what isn't broken. If Bitdefender works fine with you then you shouldn't change it for 1 or 111 tests made by MalwareTips, random AV tester from Youtube or AV-Comparatives which proves the opposite.
Yes but I think that Youtube testers are less reliable then MT testers;)

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
If you intend on leaving your software at default settings, or close to it, then Kaspersky (Internet Security, or Total Security) + VoodooShield is the strongest combo. Don't add MB.

But... are you sure you need such heavy protection?

If you are a careful user, i.e., you don't open suspicious email attachments and you don't click on suspicious links, then Bitdefender Total Security is best for you. It will protect you from malicious software installations, it will detect PUPs, and it won't give you grief. It just works.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
If there everything is fine with your current setup I would not change it.
I might consider using MBAM as an on demand.
The human element plays a big part also so I would not make a decision based on the tests alone.
You can always try other options before you consider making a change.

Last edited:

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
that results are not bad!and bd (free version) is not tweakable,u can config everything in bd paid versions and increase ur protection rate!
u don't need vs alongside Kaspersky cuz u already got Application Control in Kaspersky.:p

i belive vs + ks is useless.
kis or bts?? depends on what u want
do u want Anti-Theft? or Mac Protection or Android Protection if yes then go for bts!if u don't need these features u should choose between bis and kis!
between kis and bis I think bis will win
cuz they offer more features than kis(like File Encryption, File Shredder, Password Manager)

hamo

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2014
u don't need vs alongside Kaspersky cuz u already got Application Control in Kaspersky.:p

Hi,

There is big deference between AC and VS, AC in Kaspersky depend on data base updated from Kaspersky,
VS is anti .exe (Whitelisting),
Kaspersky may allow any file to run if it is not in its bad file database(4 application grope, application control) ,
But VS never allow any file to run if it is not in its whitelisting.(more protection but need more experience)

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
Hi,

There is big deference between AC and VS, AC in Kaspersky depend on data base updated from Kaspersky,
VS is anti .exe (Whitelisting),
Kaspersky may allow any file to run if it is not in its bad file database(4 application grope, application control) ,
But VS never allow any file to run if it is not in its whitelisting.(more protection but need more experience)
i see thnx for info

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.