Expired Bitdefender Total Security 2019 (5 Devices) & Free Heimdal PRO for 4 PC / 1 Year

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
BTDHP-TS-3X1-2.png

Bitdefender Total Security 2019 key features:

• Anti-Ransomware
  • Wi-Fi Security Advisor
  • Full-Fledged Parental Control
  • PC Tune-Up
  • Antivirus, Antispyware & Antispam
  • Antiphishing
  • Anti-Theft
  • Next-Generation Firewall
  • Parental Control
  • Social Network Protection
  • Bitdefender Photon
  • Bitdefender Autopilot
  • Bitdefender Safepay
  • File Encryption
  • USB Immunizer
  • Online Remote Management
  • Search Advisor
  • Personal Data Filter
  • Scan Dispatcher
  • Bitdefender Safebox
  • Startup Optimizer
  • And more...
Languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Dutch, Portuguese, Chinese, Arabic, Indian-English, Italian, Romanian and Russian.

Compatible with: Windows 10 | Windows 8 | Windows 8.1 | Windows 7 SP1

Heimdal PRO

Heimdal PRO vs Antivirus
Heimdal PRO is compatible with any antivirus product available on the market, and it isn’t meant to replace your AV product, but complement it, so users can benefit from multiple layers of protection. Antivirus products are reactive, looking at files and actions/processes, whereas Heimdal PRO looks at internet traffic and keeps your vulnerable software up-to-date.

Heimdal PRO is an internet security product that employs 3 layers of protection against ransomware, phishing attacks, banking trojans, data-stealing malware and other threats that antivirus can't detect:

1. Traffic scanning & filtering – through its DarLayer Guard feature, Heimdal PRO scans all your Internet traffic (incoming and outcoming) to identify all types of malicious connections, thus keeping users safe from Zero Hour exploits, drive-by attacks, but even malicious content from legitimate websites.

2. Advanced malware detection and blocking (VectorN Detection) – this feature works in conjunction with the DarkLayer Guard to search for & detect patterns in internet communication. VectorN Detection uses Machine Learning to perform an in-depth analysis of all incoming and outgoing HTTPS, HTTPS, and DNS traffic, keeping users safe from data theft, ransomware trying to connect to cybercriminal-controlled servers, Trojan and Botnet communication.

3. Automatic and silent patching – Heimdal can install and keep up-to-date over 40 (and the list is constantly growing) critical 3rd party applications automatically, silently, with zero setup and without user interruption. Keeping your software up-to-date eliminates over 85% of attacks that target software apps, according to US-CERT.

Compatible with: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 / 32 and 64 bit

Languages: English, German and Danish

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Bitdefender 2019 is like a virus itself. This guy consumes 450MB at idle and whooping no mercy 600MB+ on manual scanning. Good deal, but no thanks on my gaming rig. I don't know what they did on the 2019, but the 2018 version RAM consumptions aren't crazy as this new version.

Reactions: vtqhtr413

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Bitdefender 2019 is like a virus itself. This guy consumes 450MB at idle and whooping no mercy 600MB+ on manual scanning. Good deal, but no thanks on my gaming rig. I don't know what they did on the 2019, but the 2018 version RAM consumptions aren't crazy as this new version.
Unused RAM is wasted RAM (in 2018), Chrome uses a lot more and nobody complains :)

ChemicalB

Level 8
Verified
Sep 14, 2018
From my point of view surely BD could optimize the resource consumption, but we do not forget that a good AV needs of resources to operate.
For example, if an AV uses the mapping function, it loads the signatures from disk instead of from memory.
This approach uses very little RAM but will slow down your computer because the AV has to constantly access signatures on disk.
In addition, low-level file monitor and process scanning need of RAM and CPU cycles, and there are not alternatives.
A multi-layered protection that uses its deep actions to ensure the security, needs a good part of your system resources.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Whaaaaaaaat? :eek::eek::eek:

Sorry, I don't agree with your personal opinion, there are a few antivirus/suites better than BitDefender, but from there to call it a virus ...

Thank you for sharing @BoraMurdar

Bitdefender slow down computer performance like virus and malware going to do.

Unused RAM is wasted RAM (in 2018), Chrome uses a lot more and nobody complains :)

Chrome uses a lot of RAM, but it doesn't affect performance as much as AV. You don't feel performance impact when you installing Chrome, but you will feel performance impact when you installing Bitdefender.
" Ununsed RAM is a wasted RAM" This is just an excuse for AV to continue use a lot of RAM and too lazy to optimize for better RAM usage. DDR4 RAM is not cheap by the way, and it is not okay for AV to use 1GB of RAM.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
No, seriously. Do you have any data that confirms what you're saying?.
I think it's your personal opinion, more based on likings than real facts. Does Bitdefender make a computer run slower? Yes, does it work as a virus? No.

No, seriously. Do you have any data that confirms what you're saying?. Friends and people on LinusTechTips and other people on the community forums.

Does Bitdefender make a computer run slower? On both low end and high end. Some high end PC users experience slow down in the past and now too. Even some users on here posted in the past that Bitdefender slow down their computers.

Yes, does it work as a virus? It is like a virus slow down your computer. Re-read it again carefully. I said, " Bitdefender 2019 is like a virus itself " not " Bitdefender is a virus itself".You skimmed way too fast.

I am done for my part. High RAM usage AV is a big no for me period, especially Bitdefender.

Good deal for my wallet, but bad deal for my PC.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
This discussion can be continued on some other, more proper forum, as Giveaways and Deals are not the places for it.

P.S. RAM usage of an AV has absolutely nothing to do with the responsiveness of the system with enough RAM installed. CPU cycles access, disk usage, and other things do. Some AV can use 50mb of RAM but still be heavier than an AV that needs 500mb+ in order to properly operate, on modern systems. Optimizations of other modules are much more important (in file virtualization, emulation, unpacking upon access, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.