Battle Bitdefender TS or Kasperky IS or ESET SS?

SamX

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 11, 2015
Right now i am running eset smart security but i have to search for keys every month which provide a new trial for 30 days or so. I want a permanent solution. So thinking of Bitdefender total security or KIS? they cost the same where i live and bitdefender total security gives some extra features too for the same price as KIS. plz suggest

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
Right now i am running eset smart security but i have to search for keys every month which provide a new trial for 30 days or so. I want a permanent solution. So thinking of Bitdefender total security or KIS? they cost the same where i live and bitdefender total security gives some extra features too for the same price as KIS. plz suggest
Look on Ebay for cheap license keys.

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
I voted for KIS, you seem to have discounted Eset anyway because of the settings being hidden so it's between the other two. Most of the "extra" features in Bitdefender Total, you won't really use and depending on your system it can be extremely heavy (a bonus of all the extras) Why Bitdefender Total but only Kaspersky Internet security ? (this comes in Total version too). Anyway, i have used both and prefer Kaspersky as it is more customisable if that's what you want, it doesn't have as many bugs as BTS either.

If i could get a 3 year license for $8 then i doubt i would be hunting around for free 30 days trial anyway so i think you have made a good decision to buy it, whichever one you choose.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
  1. First step is to STOP using trial reset-ters or whatever means to bypass licensing of commercial products.
  2. Completely uninstall ESET* and delete any illegally obtained license keys. These are no longer needed!
  3. Now make a list on paper to compare which vendor provides the features you need (not want).
  4. Check the cost of a single license, or multi-license if you have more than 1 device (ie. WinPC, Mac, Mobile).
  5. *Unless you have decided on ESET Smart Security, run a single trial version of Kaspersky Internet Security or Bitdefender Total Security on your devices.
  6. Once decided, install the latest version from the developers website and enter the genuine product's license key.

Also to consider:
  • Not all paid solutions are an all-in-one solution for every user.
  • A layered approach is sometimes better. It can reduce product bloatware and be sometimes cheaper.
  • Buying a 3 year license only to find out it's not wanted, or further compatibility issues in year 2 and 3. Don't buy more than is needed.
  • Kaspersky offer Free Antivirus for Windows.
  • Bitdefender offer Free Antivirus for Windows and Android.

Moderator notice (Forum Rules)
  • Warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content is not allowed.
  • Encouraging the use of illegally obtained content is not allowed.

SamX

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 11, 2015
  1. First step is to STOP using trial reset-ters or whatever means to bypass licensing of commercial products.
  2. Completely uninstall ESET* and delete any illegally obtained license keys. These are no longer needed!
  3. Now make a list on paper to compare which vendor provides the features you need (not want).
  4. Check the cost of a single license, or multi-license if you have more than 1 device (ie. WinPC, Mac, Mobile).
  5. *Unless you have decided on ESET Smart Security, run a single trial version of Kaspersky Internet Security or Bitdefender Total Security on your devices.
  6. Once decided, install the latest version from the developers website and enter the genuine product's license key.

Also to consider:
  • Not all paid solutions are an all-in-one solution for every user.
  • A layered approach is sometimes better. It can reduce product bloatware and be sometimes cheaper.
  • Buying a 3 year license only to find out it's not wanted, or further compatibility issues in year 2 and 3. Don't buy more than is needed.
  • Kaspersky offer Free Antivirus for Windows.
  • Bitdefender offer Free Antivirus for Windows and Android.

Moderator notice (Forum Rules)
  • Warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content is not allowed.
  • Encouraging the use of illegally obtained content is not allowed.
Bro I am not using any illegal keys or trial resetters of any kind. Eset has 30 days trial oem license keys which come free with new laptop or motherboards which some people post online. I only use those if i find them in some forum or facebook posts.

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
Right now i am running eset smart security but i have to search for keys every month which provide a new trial for 30 days or so
About the trial license, you can use a trial key once (legally) and not all the times you want.
Then if you want, you should buy the product.
Even if it seems Eset allows it, this violates the legal terms of use of the software.

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
It's a fair, hardcore fight!

I voted: Kaspersky Internet Security.

Let me explain a little the scenario and what I would do.

First; read this: How to choose "the best antivirus"?

-----------------------------------------------

Now you've realised any top notch security software will protect you the same if you're conscious while surfing and downloading, it's time to see what do you need for your specific system.

Here's a quick helping hand:

What do I want?

My hardware is good and I want an interactive/customizable software: Kaspersky Internet Security

My hardware is good and I want an independant software that's smart enough to decide for me: BitDefender Total Security

My hardware is not that good and I want a customizable software that lets me decide about events: ESET Internet Security

My hardware is not that good and I want a software that's independant and smart enough as to decide for me: ESET Internet Security default settings

My hardware is good and I wish to ruin my online experience and bug my whole systen: Any Symantec product

Disclaimer:
The aforementioned suggestions apply on the majority of the cases, nevertheless do not trust my word on its whole. Each system is an universe, and despite Kaspersky behaves light on my system, it may slowdown yours. Use the free trials of the programs to see how they work on your computer, and make sure to never run two at the same time, uninstalling them and cleaning the registry every time.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.