App Review Bitdefender Total Security Advanced Threat Defense vs Ransomware

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Chipicao

Level 2
May 17, 2020
Well not surprised, BitDefender have his qualities. BitDefender is improved year by year, so isn't bad results.

At least, are improving and that's a good thing! Very soon these Optimization Tools gargabe will be removed.

BitDefender Engine is still proving that does a good job.

Send the samples, that BitDefender failed to them or in forum. If you send the sample via BitDefender Business Page Sample, you will receive a email of results. And the better thing is, they don't ask if you are user of Business or not! Funny thing. At least they analyze it.

fabiobr

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
Well not surprised, BitDefender have his qualities. BitDefender is improved year by year, so isn't bad results.

At least, are improving and that's a good thing! Very soon these Optimization Tools gargabe will be removed.

BitDefender Engine is still proving that does a good job.

Send the samples, that BitDefender failed to them or in forum. If you send the sample via BitDefender Business Page Sample, you will receive a email of results. And the better thing is, they don't ask if you are user of Business or not! Funny thing. At least they analyze it.
Indeed, great results for Bitdefender with AV/signatures disabled.

Last edited:

Like a Western!

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
if you mean this page https://www.bitdefender.com/business/submit/
i tested it right now and i did not even get the first auto email that i used to get and it supposed to tell me that my file will analyze. like i got nothing..

Last edited by a moderator:

fabiobr

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
Also, this shows Safe Files is an awesome feature and they are killing it. Hopefully the have a better replacement.
If they come back with ATD settings for tweaks would be great, default setting is not aggressive as I remember.

And they can include an "automatic safe files" on ATD that triggers when something is encrypted in users folders, with option to add exceptions of course.

Chipicao

Level 2
May 17, 2020
if you mean this page https://www.bitdefender.com/business/submit/
i tested it right now and i did not even get the first auto email that i used to get and it supposed to tell me that my file will analyze. like i got nothing..

It's called "Bitdefender Enterprise Support Team" and the email is b2bsupport [@] tickets.bitdefender.com that is the email I receive the replys.

I think they have one more page to submit samples. I used this page Contact Us

I always receive a response from they, don't put anything on license key. They don't even check if you are business customer or not. :cool:
If you send samples in the first result page of "bitdefender send sample" they don't reply. But in the link I give to you they reply.

Now is weekend, I doubt they will analyze it and reply to you.

------

BitDefender with Signatures disabled and real time detection disabled their funcionalities doesn't work properly. So is completely normal BD loses some malware.
Their protection when is disabled, some functions doesn't work well in detected some Ransomware, so don't expect to be a goooood test with highly detections!

Chipicao

Level 2
May 17, 2020
bitdefender excellent against known samples, and is perhaps the best against zero-day malware, it just needs to improve the detection of pups, and additional installations, I hope they solve this in version 2021,

If people complaint in the forum and support about PUP they will make a move. Until that, we need to wait to see the "new" features in 2021 version.
Hope PUP is improved in 2021 version. PUP / Adware / Riskware needs to be improved a lot in BitDefender. And if they do that, they will detect more samples.

Unfortunately PUP for me, is like having a "spyware" spying HTTP Traffic etc. BitDefender needs to change related how it deals with PUPs

sepik

Level 11
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2018
Hello,
Someone said that prevention is better than cure. That's true. But if the malware is not detected by signatures but HEUR/AI/ML, removing/cleaning the malware infected system is quite low. Macdefenders' famous pyrate PoC got nailed by Trend Micro BB, btw. It even rolled back some of the files.
Tested it against 20 files(jpg, docs)....i was like oh no 7/20 files encrypted. Then Trend Micro BB kicked in. Not bad.

Kind regards,
-sepik

The Ordynary

Level 3
Apr 26, 2020
If people complaint in the forum and support about PUP they will make a move. Until that, we need to wait to see the "new" features in 2021 version.
Hope PUP is improved in 2021 version. PUP / Adware / Riskware needs to be improved a lot in BitDefender. And if they do that, they will detect more samples.

Unfortunately PUP for me, is like having a "spyware" spying HTTP Traffic etc. BitDefender needs to change related how it deals with PUPs
I totally agree with you, pups / adware are the most common infections that exist, they destroy system performance and download other malicious files, unfortunately bitdefender is very bad at that, even kaspersky solved this problem and bitdender stopped in time.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.