Battle Bitdefender vs ESET

Software comparison
Bitdefender Total Security 2021 vs ESET Smart Security Premium 14.0.22
Feature comparison
  1. Ease of use
  2. Impact on hardware performance
  3. Most available features
  4. Core protection (malware and heuristic engine)
  5. Internet protection (web filtering, anti-phishing, anti-spam, browser extension)
  6. Network protection (firewall, anti-botnet)
  7. Ransomware protection
  8. Banking and payments protection
  9. Machine learning and A.I. capabilities
  10. Privacy protections (VPN, anti-tracking)

McMcbrad

Level 23
Oct 16, 2020
In theory, cloud products will be weak without internet connection. On practice however, all products will be weak, as without cloud, you won’t be able to receive updates even to the most offline-friendly product. As is the case with Bitdefender and all BD-based. If you turn off Wi-Fi for an hour, you’re already lacking critical threat intelligence. If you turn it off for 3 days... well... it gets clear. 😀

There is another thing about Bitdefender (positive) to be mentioned. Last night when I installed it to do the screenshot of the definitions folder, it installed in Lite mode, similar to AVG/Avast passive mode. So if Bitdefender detects an existing product, such as AVG in my case, it can work as a second opinion scanner. On top of the product you will see “Bitdefender Total Security Lite” and it will advise you on the differences between Lite and full. It will also advise you how you can activate the full protection.
I think this is new 🤔

Last edited:

upnorth

Verified
Staff member
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2015
Thank you if anyone has the information about F-secure, they may @upnorth know and can help us (which is what I'm using and enjoying right now)

Sorry if I didn't post in the correct area.
Tiny bit wrong thread for F-Secure information, I agree, but check here for the information you seek :