BitDefender vs Norton with MB, SAS and Zemana

scifi

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 28, 2014
I was going to switch from NIS to Bitdefender BUT Bitdefender wanted me to uninstall MB. That's a deal breaker for me. Any other "good" IS programs that play well with MalwareBytes, SuperAntispyware and Zemana?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Kaspersky also known to detect the existence of Malwarebytes as conflict but not sure on currents version when installing it.

You may try Qihoo 360 IS/TS besides of other commonly suites used.

Reactions: scifi

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
Kaspersky also known to detect the existence of Malwarebytes as conflict but not sure on currents version when installing it.

I was using KIS 2014 (this was quite some time ago) with Malwarebytes- it detected it but the computer worked fine anyways.

scifi

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 28, 2014
There is ESET, Avast, and Avira that work. AVG- I don't know. Panda seems to work too along with Kaspersky

Hm. I guess I'll haveta experiment.

You're right. I tried Kaspersky a couple of years ago and it chokes with MB. I'm not sure 'bout trying anything that hasn't been vetted by av comparatives.

Why not install Malwarebytes again after installing Bitdefender?

Weelll..., if an AV program stutters in conflict with another similar program, seems to me it might not be as effective at finding what it's suppose to if it keeps getting distracted by said program. These AV companies and the 'others' (MB, SAS, BD, etc) should work together. Make their proggies compatible, work in harmony, yada yada. Fat chance though, probably.

Last edited by a moderator:

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
why using all these softwares on the first place, it just slow up the pc.
ESET can run well with MBAM but i disabled it, its just to buggy and has a lot of FP

Reactions: frogboy and scifi

scifi

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 28, 2014
why using all these softwares on the first place, it just slow up the pc.
ESET can run well with MBAM but i disabled it, its just to buggy and has a lot of FP
Because I can be a dolt. I need the protection. I've had MBAM save me bacon a few times. My system is fast 'nough that running the various protectors works well for me.

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
no prob bro, just stay away from SuperAntispyware it will screw up your system. (from experience). ESET and MBAM is good combination.
Because I can be a dolt. I need the protection. I've had MBAM save me bacon a few times. My system is fast 'nough that running the various protectors works well for me.

scifi

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 28, 2014
no prob bro, just stay away from SuperAntispyware it will screw up your system. (from experience). ESET and MBAM is good combination.
Interesting. May I ask what happened with SAS? Just curious. I've been running these 3 programs (MBAM, Norton, SAS) forever. Literally for years Win XP and Win 7. Zemana has been with me for a year or so. Never a hiccup.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
If it was Malwarebytes Premium/Pro it could have some conflicts, but for on-demand with no realtime protection, it should be fine.

The other option of Norton Security 2015 is a solid suite, it's also install and forget type.

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
Interesting. May I ask what happened with SAS? Just curious. I've been running these 3 programs (MBAM, Norton, SAS) forever. Literally for years Win XP and Win 7. Zemana has been with me for a year or so. Never a hiccup.
I use to do support on microsoft website and others site and I use to work repairing pc, I'm still working. I saw a lot of people that run superantispyware and it killed there OS become unbootable after deleting malwares, i had the same problem as a beginner, it just giving you false alerts don't use it. thats why for years i used only microsoft products and combofix for cleaning. i dont know anything regarding zemana.
I still think that ESET and MBAM is a good choice but for me i didnt like MBAM pro it just has to many FP.

scifi

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 28, 2014
If it was Malwarebytes Premium/Pro it could have some conflicts, but for on-demand with no realtime protection, it should be fine.

The other option of Norton Security 2015 is a solid suite, it's also install and forget type.
Hm. I've been extremely lucky. I've had the lifetime versions of both SAS and MBAM for several years with out a problem. I get more...., well not actually false warnings from Norton (low reputation), than from the other guys. One can pick up NIS or NAV on ebay quite reasonably, and I've done that as well for years. I wish Bitdefender would play well with MBAM. Alas....

scifi

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 28, 2014
I use to do support on microsoft website and others site and I use to work repairing pc, I'm still working. I saw a lot of people that run superantispyware and it killed there OS become unbootable after deleting malwares, i had the same problem as a beginner, it just giving you false alerts don't use it. thats why for years i used only microsoft products and combofix for cleaning. i dont know anything regarding zemana.
I still think that ESET and MBAM is a good choice but for me i didnt like MBAM pro it just has to many FP.
Wow that's terrible. Which OS version was that? I'll keep my fingers crossed that such doesn't happen to me and if it does, I'll reinstall everything. After a few years its actually kind of fun to start from scratch. The clean slate mentality. I install a lot of giveaways that eventually 'clutter up' the registry even though I use Revo to uninstall. Zemana is one of those giveaways. It's been given away by various sites so I've had it for over a year now. It's mostly for keyloggers and trojans. It's triggered once in that time. I WAS being naughty....

Reactions: nissimezra

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
Wow that's terrible. Which OS version was that? I'll keep my fingers crossed that such doesn't happen to me and if it does, I'll reinstall everything. After a few years its actually kind of fun to start from scratch. The clean slate mentality. I install a lot of giveaways that eventually 'clutter up' the registry even though I use Revo to uninstall. Zemana is one of those giveaways. It's been given away by various sites so I've had it for over a year now. It's mostly for keyloggers and trojans. It's triggered once in that time. I WAS being naughty....
you dont need revo, dont use it

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
If you don't know what you are doing when installing any third party unistaller, you are risking your O.S. But people who know how these Unistallers works, they can use it safe, as I do.
PD: As nissimezra said, ESET+MBAM is a great combo, and your PC may be fast but what counts here is the HDD usage, and your boot time speed. I always use only one real time monitoring security solution, I don't want my HDD to scream loud all day.

Reactions: nissimezra

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
If you don't know what you are doing when installing any third party unistaller, you are risking your O.S. But people who know how these Unistallers works, they can use it safe, as I do.
PD: As nissimezra said, ESET+MBAM is a great combo, and your PC may be fast but what counts here is the HDD usage, and your boot time speed. I always use only one real time monitoring security solution, I don't want my HDD to scream loud all day.
when you work on an IT you need to test things, when you have 150 pc and 120 users you will probably have more experience than an average user that sit in front of a pc and gives advices. am just sharing my experience

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
when you work on an IT you need to test things, when you have 150 pc and 120 users you will probably have more experience than an average user that sit in front of a pc and gives advices. am just sharing my experience

Your experience with revo uninstaller does not justify you telling people don't use it,IT or not,I've been using revo pro for years & my friends & we haven't had anything bad happen. Revo PRO Uninstaller calls for the default uninstaller that come with the program then it ask you to scan for leftovers,but & a big but if someone trouble setting & don't no what is the do's & don'ts then i can see them throwing the blame at revo.:)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.