BitMiner disguised as svchost.exe, uses up to 25 % CPU, usually 2 processes but now 1

CookieShakes

Thread author
Aug 18, 2018
So it's been a while since i have to deal with this annoying process, it's a miner virus, i don't realize it at first since when i opened up task manager, the process ends itself automatically, i can see like a splitsecond that the cpu usage rises, then drops, and stays low while i open task manager, my performance especially in gaming drops dramatically, i then tried ASC 11, and there's indeed a process called "Host Process for Windows Services" there's 2 of them, eating up each 25% cpu, but now it's only one, today. I tried terminating the process on ProcessHacker, but i feel like something still holds up my cpu, still lagging while gaming. I tried to use Windows Performance Recorder, i tried to track down the services, but it leads to nowhere, i only found either Idle or svchost itself.

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    104.7 KB · Views: 67
  • Addition.txt
    93.2 KB · Views: 66

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Hello,

FRST.gif
Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

icon_exclaim.gif
This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine.
icon_exclaim.gif

icon_exclaim.gif
Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable.
icon_exclaim.gif

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

• Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finishes FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please attach it to your reply.

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    42 bytes · Views: 70

CookieShakes

Thread author
Aug 18, 2018
Thank you so much for the reply, i have tried to execute the fixlist, but unfortunately there are no Notifier.exe on system32 (included in the log) i have also restarted my pc, but the process is still there.Here's the new FRST.txt and Addition.txt

Attachments

• Fixlog.txt
    587 bytes · Views: 66
  • FRST.txt
    103.3 KB · Views: 64
  • Addition.txt
    85.7 KB · Views: 64

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
FRST.gif
Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

icon_exclaim.gif
This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine.
icon_exclaim.gif

icon_exclaim.gif
Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable.
icon_exclaim.gif

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

• Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finishes FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please attach it to your reply.

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    200 bytes · Views: 65

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.