1TB WD Blue HDD
PSU
Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold
Case
Fractal Define 7 Black & white
Monitor
Gigabyte M27Q 1440P 170hz
Keyboard and Mouse
Saitek Cyborg VS (oldie but still great)
Logitech G403

blackice

Level 38
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
i am still waiting for a chance to buy the 5600 :(
I set up a couple discord alerts on my phone, the only thing I've ever used discord for. Seemed to work pretty well, but they are all for North America or I'd share. They are definitely manufacturing and shipping in NA, they keep becoming available. I bet in a month they start becoming more readily available globally.

blackice

Level 38
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Also a note, I'm happy to have a PC with no 3rd party antivirus ever being installed. I will play with my old box now which I may use as a server, but as long as WD is decent I just slap OS Armor on there an call it a day. Fewer headaches.

blackice

Level 38
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Something fell into my new PC tonight
1613104462266.png

Now to sell the 5600x before ladyice gets mad.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Just built a new gaming beast after saving for quite a while. I just happened to catch some alerts of parts restocked and available on the same night and pulled the trigger.
Congratulations on your new gaming PC! It looks like you've put together a powerful and well-balanced system that should handle 1440p gaming with ease. Here's a quick overview of your build:

1. CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X is a great choice for gaming and productivity tasks. With 8 cores and 16 threads, it will provide excellent performance in both single and multi-threaded applications.

2. Cooler: The Noctua U14S is a high-quality air cooler that should keep your CPU temperatures under control, even during heavy workloads.

3. Motherboard: The ASUS TUF Gaming x570-Pro (WiFi) is a reliable motherboard with good VRM cooling and a solid feature set, including support for PCIe 4.0 and Wi-Fi 6.

4. GPU: The XFX Merc 310 RX 7900 XT is a powerful graphics card, capable of delivering excellent performance at 1440p in modern games. You should be able to enjoy a smooth gaming experience with high settings.

5. RAM: 32GB of G.Skill Trident Neo 3600MHz memory will provide plenty of headroom for gaming and multitasking.

6. Storage: Your combination of NVMe SSDs, a SATA SSD, and an HDD will ensure fast boot times, quick game load times, and ample storage for other files.

7. PSU: The Seasonic Focus 850GX 80 Plus Gold is a high-quality power supply with enough wattage to support your system's components, providing stable power and efficiency.

8. Case: The Fractal Define 7 is a sleek and versatile case with good airflow and cable management options, making it an excellent choice for your build.

9. Monitor: The Gigabyte M27Q 1440P 170Hz monitor will provide a crisp and smooth gaming experience, thanks to its high refresh rate and resolution.

10. Keyboard and Mouse: Your Saitek Cyborg VS keyboard and Logitech G403 mouse should provide a comfortable and responsive gaming experience.

Overall, your new gaming PC is well-equipped for high-performance gaming at 1440p. Enjoy your new build and happy gaming!
Sold the RTX 3070 while it was still valuable and nabbed an RX 7900 XT.
That's a smart move, considering the ongoing fluctuations in the GPU market. Upgrading from the RTX 3070 to the RX 7900 XT should give you a noticeable improvement in gaming performance, particularly at higher resolutions like 1440p or even 4K.

The RX 7900 XT is a powerful GPU, and it will allow you to enjoy better graphics settings and smoother frame rates in modern games. Additionally, you'll benefit from AMD's latest technologies, such as FidelityFX Super Resolution (FSR) and Radeon Anti-Lag, which can further enhance your gaming experience.

Remember to download and install the latest drivers for your RX 7900 XT from AMD's website to ensure optimal performance and compatibility. Enjoy your gaming sessions with your upgraded PC!

blackice

Level 38
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
So the breaker for my office popped yesterday in the evening. We only noticed because the wifi was out. I was hacked…just kidding. But I couldn’t figure anything that would pop it. No space heaters on, no high power equipment, the PC had been asleep as far as I knew. So I reset the breaker and holy hell. It sounded like this grinding/screeching like an industrial arc welder fired up a couple rooms over in the office. I thought the old printer finally blew up…but then after looking around the room for a few seconds (the sound had stopped) I smelled burning plastic. I followed my nose past the printer…to my poor PC. RIP SEASONIC Focus GX850.

Long story short I got a Corsair RM850x today even though Seasonic has already shipped a replacement. The PC seemed, so far, to survive. But holy hell I have never heard arcing like that in my 20+ years of PC building. I can’t believe it still powered up. Thank God for the breaker that probably saved our house from burning down!

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Just built a new gaming beast after saving for quite a while. I just happened to catch some alerts of parts restocked and available on the same night and pulled the trigger.

Hello,

Your custom PC build, last upgraded on November 19, 2020, includes a mix of high-end components that make it well-suited for gaming at 1440p and even 4K resolutions. Here is an overview of each component and how they fit your gaming needs:

Motherboard: The ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Pro (WiFi) provides a solid foundation with PCIe 4.0 support, Wi-Fi connectivity, and robust power delivery, which is great for supporting high-performance components.

CPU: The Ryzen 7 5800X is a powerful CPU for gaming and productivity, with 8 cores and 16 threads. Paired with a Noctua U14S cooler, you can expect excellent performance with thermal headroom for overclocking, if desired.

GPU: The XFX Merc 310 RX 7900 XT is a top-tier graphics card capable of 1440p and 4K gaming. It should handle most modern games with high frame rates at 1440p and respectable performance at 4K, depending on the game settings.

RAM: 32GB of G.Skill Trident Neo at 3600MHz is an optimal configuration for Ryzen CPUs, which benefit from faster memory speeds. This amount of RAM is also more than sufficient for gaming and multitasking.

Storage: Your storage solution is diverse and ample, with a 2TB SN850X WD SSD offering excellent speed and capacity for your primary games and applications. The additional NVMe and SSDs are great for overflow and specific applications, while the HDD can serve for archival and less speed-critical data.

PSU: The Corsair RM850x is a reliable and efficient power supply that provides ample power for your components and headroom for any additional peripherals or future upgrades.

Case: The Fractal Define 7 provides a sleek design along with good airflow and noise-damping features, which is excellent for a gaming setup.

Monitor: The Gigabyte M27Q with a 1440P resolution and 170Hz refresh rate is an excellent match for your GPU, allowing you to take full advantage of the high frame rates in games at a sharp resolution.

Keyboard and Mouse: The Saitek Cyborg VS keyboard and Logitech G403 mouse are personal choices. If they work great for you, there's no immediate need to replace them.

Additional Considerations:

• Future Upgrades: You have a very capable system that should last for some time without needing significant upgrades. However, as game requirements increase, the first upgrade in a few years might be the GPU if you want to maintain high settings at 4K resolution.
  • Cooling and Airflow: Ensure that your case has good airflow and that your fans are configured for optimal cooling. The Fractal Define 7 has good options for fan placements and dust filters to keep things running smoothly.
  • Backup and Data Management: With multiple storage drives, consider a backup solution for important files, possibly using the 1TB HDD as a backup destination or using cloud storage services.
  • Maintenance: Regular cleaning of dust filters, fans, and other components will help maintain performance and hardware longevity.
  • Peripherals: Consider periodically reviewing new peripherals that may enhance your gaming experience, such as high-refresh-rate monitors for 4K gaming, if that interests you, or ergonomic mice and mechanical keyboards.
Your current setup is well-tailored for your gaming needs at both 1440p and 4K and should provide a fantastic gaming experience at home.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.