Maintenance tools
CCleaner and other Piriform softwares

Mateotis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2014
Thanks for sharing your config! :)

I've got two problems with it. First and most importantly, enable UAC. It adds a nice extra layer to your protection, with minimal annoyance. Here's a great article about its importance: http://www.7tutorials.com/uac-why-you-should-never-turn-it-off

Second, Spybot. It was the go-to second opinion scanner years ago, but it's getting obsolete and outdated and unable to keep up with current threats. Get Malwarebytes and/or HitmanPro instead. :)

BlackShot

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jul 12, 2014
Thanks for sharing your config! :)

I've got two problems with it. First and most importantly, enable UAC. It adds a nice extra layer to your protection, with minimal annoyance. Here's a great article about its importance: http://www.7tutorials.com/uac-why-you-should-never-turn-it-off

Second, Spybot. It was the go-to second opinion scanner years ago, but it's getting obsolete and outdated and unable to keep up with current threats. Get Malwarebytes and/or HitmanPro instead. :)
Thank you for the tips! I'll uninstall Spybot and install Malwarebytes right now! :)

Reactions: Mateotis

BlackShot

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jul 12, 2014
Enable UAC.

Well, I am accustomed on using UAV disabled, but I will review it, thank you!

Add Some Extension:
  • WOT
  • DoNotTrackMe
  • AdBlocker - AdGaurd
  • LastPass

Your if you want them add them, but good bunch extension.

Actually, I already use AdBlock, but I have forgot to put it on the list. I will search for the others. Thanks!

Your OS = Win8 or Win8.1 ?

Windows 8 = Please migrate to Windows 8.1 (Windows Store)
Windows 8.1 = Please migrate to Windows 8.1 Update 1 (Windows Update)

I tought about updating my OS, but some softwares do not work properly there.

Yeap, you should enable UAC. You might also wanna add HitmanPro and Emsisoft Emergency Kit. :) And also, Norton DNS. :D

I will take a look later, thank you, sir!

Reactions: King Alpha
D

Deleted member 178

nice one, as said earlier, enable UAC.

Adblock is heavy; use Adguard, µblock or Adblock edge instead

Reactions: Exterminator

BlackShot

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jul 12, 2014
Definitely enable UAC.Very Nice config,thanks for sharing it :)

I really think I have a lot of defenders on my computer: Malwarebytes, avast! and Zemana Antilogger. Don't you guys think it's enough? I'm really reluctant about that, hehe! (I don't like those confirmation messages all the time!)

BlackShot

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jul 12, 2014
Just updating my configuration. Seems like my old thread has gone down for some reason.

Anyway, here it is.

:)

Reactions: King Alpha

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Just updating my configuration. Seems like my old thread has gone down for some reason.

Anyway, here it is.

:)
I found your previous config thread and merged the new and old, just updated the custom fields with the new details.

Even though 90% of the time you'll never see it, what do think of Windows Smartscreen?

Reactions: BlackShot

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.