- Mar 29, 2018
Opened this ongoing thread for BleachBit updates, Q & A's, etc. ...
Seems as if BleachBit hasn't been getting much love here @ MT but this new version is looking good!
UpdateJune 27, 2021: BleachBit 4.4.0 has been released.
These are the changes since version 4.0.0:
- Add cleaner for Zoom (suggested by cybercom02).
- Add cleaner for Pale Moon (thanks to arckat324).
- Add cleaner for Slack messenger (suggested by summonholmes).
- Fix: Preserve bookmarked favicons when cleaning Firefox (reported by Team-Sys, fixed by rados).
- Clean more: Firefox bookmarked sites (reported by KodrosX), moz_origins, favicons .
- Support shredding with deep scan (fixed by Max Khon).
- Support advanced searches in deep scan: nregex, wholeregex, and nwholeregex (fixed by Max Khon).
- Fix: AttributeError error message when using the menu option "shred settings and quit" (reported by ediowar, fixed by Max Khon).
- Fix: remove "closest monitor" debugging message (reported by Gitoffthelawn, fixed by Max Khon).
- Fix: set output of chaff to be human readable instead of base64 encoded.
- Fix: do not delete LibreOffice extensions (reported by sebas22).
- Specific to Linux
- Add packages for latest Fedora (32 and 33) and Ubuntu (20.04 and 20.10).
- Clean Chromium when installed as snap (reported by Martii).
- Fix KeyError: 'win10_theme' when switching visual themes (reported by Ashutosh-Kukreti, fixed by Max Khon).
- Fix: warning SyntaxWarning: "is not" with a literal with Python version 3.8 (thanks to s-ankur).
- Fix: loop when maximizing window (reported by ediowar, fixed thanks to Max Kohn).
- Fix: dnf autoremove returned TypeError: a bytes-like object is required, not 'str' and left orphaned process (reported by terrycloth).
- Do not package the unneeded Winapp.py file (reported by terrycloth).
- Specific to Windows
- Add cleaner for Chromium-based Microsoft Edge (thanks to Max Khon).
- Fix: wiping special files returned TypeError: ord() or access denied (reported by David-Gonzalez1109 and WilliamBeltranC, fixed thanks to Max Khon).
- Fix: UnicodeDecodeError: 'charmap' codec can't decode byte [...] error when cleaning Google chrome (first reported by Robert51, fixed by Max Khoh).
- Fix: missing version number in executable metadata (reported by MusiqueGraeme, fixed by Max Khoh).
- Fix: do not install unwanted translation (first reported by MPet1, fixed by Max Khon).
- Fix: in the about dialog, the website button failed (reported by cliftonprince, fixed by Max Khon).
- Fix: all characters were shown as rectangles because of a font error (first reported by mayerthomas, fixed by Max Khon).
- Fix: OSError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument error when wiping free space (first reported by gator101, fixed by Max Khon).
- Fix: the menu option "shred settings and quit" did not delete winapp2.ini (reported by ediowar, fixed by Max Khon).
- Fix: make deep scan case insensitive (fixed by Max Khon).
- Fix: delete gdbus-nonce-file temporary files (reported by Gitoffthelawn).
- Fix: error message AttributeError: 'gi.repository.Gtk' object has no attribute 'show_uri_on_window' on older Linux distributions such as Ubuntu 16.06 (reported by ediowar, fixed by Anatoli Babenia).
- Do not distribute unneeded fonts.
- Renew the code signing certificate (SHA256).