Advice Request BleachBit winapp2.ini cleaners for Edge, Edge Insider, Windows, Chrome/Brave, etc.

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I ran BleachBit today and saw winapp2.ini cleaners I haven't seen previously. I searched and found this https://github.com/bleachbit/winapp2.ini/blob/master/Winapp2-BleachBit.ini , a long list of new assorted cleaners, sub-categories, etc.

I have BleachBit set to show only relevant cleaners and here is what I found:

Edge
Edge Insider
Chrome (I run Brave and never had Chrome installed)
Windows - a longer list of sub-categories

These are all new to me and it looks like a lot more sub-categories than I've ever seen. So I could use some help with the following questions:

Have any BleachBit users noticed any of these new cleaners?
Is the Chrome cleaner cleaning parts or all of Brave? e.g. I see Brave appdata in the preview and results list.
What some of the new (to me, anyway!) sub-categories, e.g. in Windows, browser categories like "Blob", are? 🤔🤔🤔

Edit: For reference see MoscaDotTo/Winapp2

Last edited:

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
I ran BleachBit today and saw winapp2.ini cleaners I haven't seen previously. I searched and found this https://github.com/bleachbit/winapp2.ini/blob/master/Winapp2-BleachBit.ini , a long list of new assorted cleaners, sub-categories, etc.

I have BleachBit set to show only relevant cleaners and here is what I found:

Edge
Edge Insider
Chrome (I run Brave and never had Chrome installed)
Windows - a longer list of sub-categories

These are all new to me and it looks like a lot more sub-categories than I've ever seen. So I could use some help with the following questions:

Have any BleachBit users noticed any of these new cleaners?
Is the Chrome cleaner cleaning parts or all of Brave? e.g. I see Brave appdata in the preview and results list.
What some of the new (to me, anyway!) sub-categories, e.g. in Windows, browser categories like "Blob", are? 🤔🤔🤔

Edit: For reference see MoscaDotTo/Winapp2
Starting With BB 3.x I've seen it.
Brave is a Chrome/Chromium Clone.
I use BB to clean some unwanted cache/cookies and only vacuum Chrome/FF db. If you tick all options it might be dangerous. Use wise disk cleaner instead for safe cleanup.

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Brave is a Chrome/Chromium Clone.

Yes, but it's not clear how much it's cleaning Brave. I've had Brave for quite some time and previously subscribed to winapp2.ini but it only recently showed Chrome as a relevant cleaner. If I'm making myself clear, that is.

I use BB to clean some unwanted cache/cookies and only vacuum Chrome/FF db. If you tick all options it might be dangerous.

So I ticked Edge, Edge Insider and Chrome and BB warns about some sub-categories (which I chose to cancel), I cleaned the remaining majority of categories and none of the browsers are acting strange. It appears to me that BB got a pretty significant upgrade with v. 3.0. 🤔

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.