Battle Block Ads in Chrome (Adguard Extension vs Ublock Origin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well I think in terms of effectiveness of advertisement blocking then they really close to each other.

But browsing speed increase? It depends cause a small differential times of seconds should not be a big deal.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I've used both respectively, and like them nearly equally. Why, then, have I installed uBlock Origin on every one of our systems?o_O I've based my choice on MT staff, members, ...and what @frogboy says!:p

PS Malakke, I would not hesitate using Adguard again as it is an excellent Adblocker; and sincerely hope you'll try them both and make an educated decision based on which happens to work best for you!:):) (Isn't it terrific when you cannot make a wrong choice??:D)

Last edited:

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
I'd have to say uBlock Origin is on top of every aspect as an extension. At first I thought we were comparing uBlock Origin and Adblock (the program). Had a huge thing written out and everything. Disappointing. I would have chosen uBlock Origin either way but the program in my eyes has a foothold and is dug in deep while I don't believe the Adguard extension is all that great except for it's look. And me personally, I could careless about look so it doesn't win any points for it. Unless you use the Adguard program, I don't see it having any advantages over uBlock Origin.

Malakke

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 29, 2013
You worry about ads and yet use a browser from the biggest ad company on the internet.
An enigma for sure.:eek:

For me personally i found that the easiest way to block ads in chrome was to uninstall chrome and my laptop thanked me for it.:D

Unfortunately, it's a question of convenience (syncronization, passwords, smartphone....). Otherwise, i'm talking about blocking ads, not privacy.

Reactions: LabZero

Malakke

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 29, 2013
Finally, i've installed Ublock Origin. Adguard has a better look (more polished, better manual ads blocking selection), but sometimes embedded links doesn't work and it's a bit heavier in resources usage. Thanks everybody

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I use neither, I don't see what the fuss is about when picking an AdBlocker extension (Trusted developer(s), supported and updated, user-custom whitelists).

Thingol

Level 1
Verified
Aug 9, 2014
I think both are good and I use them both on different set-ups. uBlock origin is the latest 'must-have' for some but it has its issues like any other extension. I find Avatar more willing to listen to constructive comments of his version than Gorhill but just my tuppence worth. On balance I tend to favour uBlock 'cause I have half an idea what I'm doing and it compliments uMatix well but for anyone looking for an effective easy to manage blocker I recommend Adgaurd.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.