Block Browser Coin Miners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Block browser coin miners, block browser based cryptocurrency web miners, block the mining scripts

- fix high CPU usage, save CPU cycles, block the crypto mining JavaScript scripts, minescripts from CoinHive, HashForCash, MineMyTraffic, JSECoin, web miners - domains like:
cnhv.co, coin-hive.com, coinhive.com, load.jsecoin.com, minemytraffic.com, crypto-loot.com, coinerra.com, coin-have.com, minero.pw, rocks.io, coinnebula.com, monerominer.rocks, papoto.com, sparechange.io, static.sparechange.io, monkeyminer.net, miner.cryptobara.com, dev.cryptobara.com, mine.torrent.pw, webmine.cz, sparnove.com, webmine.pro, hodlers.party, chainblock.science ... ... keep those miners away!

"MoneroMiner.Rocks was designed to allow users to easily start mining the cryptocurrency Monero (XMR) and Electroneum (ETN)"... from MoneroMiner.Rocks website... "Although it’s not necessary, we recommended that you let your users know you are utilizing their device to mine. By default the miner is set to not bog down the user’s device." - very cool hmm...: monerominer.rocks/: Welcome - Monero Miner - for demo click on Mining Tools - mining found here: Monero Miner for Websites - Monero Miner -so you have the testing website to look on mining of your poor CPU!
The proof - it's the behavior of your no-miner extensions/add-ons badge icon on your icons.

- First - click on BehindTheOverlay icon, or Modal Remover chrome extension icon (after some 15 seconds on the website...)

BehindTheOverlay: BehindTheOverlay

Modal Remover
: Modal Remover

... then too download some blocking coin miners Chrome extensions I have, safe I hope:

MINEBLOCK: MINEBLOCK - Block web miners & crypto scripts
Version: 1.1
Updated: October 13, 2017
Size: 1.61MiB - hmm too big size, why?..
This free Crypto Mining Blocker blocks all CPU-Crypto Miners before they are loaded and prevents them using your CPU.
TEST IF YOUR BROWSER IS VULNERABLE AT MINEBLOCK - Block web miners & crypto scripts - I have: "Can't start miner. Your browser is safe!" so Nightly is OK...
MINEBLOCK is the only way to block the crypto mining scripts and web miners that are currently taking over the internet. The miners run cryptocurrency algorithm using your CPU, your electricity and thus your money so they can hash coins and earn crypto cash without your knowledge!
Mineblock will block all miners and cryptojacking attempts before they even load in your browser. Even if some of them tries to sneak into your browser by changing their name and address randomly, our proprietary algorithm can detect mining patterns in the javascript code and immediately kill the script.
MineBlock efficiently blocks coinhive.com, coin-hive.com, jsecoin.com, crypto-loot.com and many more...
Mineblock works just like Adblock by stopping cryptocurrency miner scripts, which might be installed on the websites you visit.

NoMiner - Block Coin Miners ( by chYer ): NoMiner - Block Coin Miners
Version: 0.1.1
Updated: December 19, 2017 very fresh!
Size: 65.75KiB
Easily stop coin miners from using your computer resources.
NoMiner - Block Coin Miners is a lite addon that lets you easily block coin mining URLs in your browser.
This addon stops "cryptocoin mining" by blocking certain JavaScript URLs. You can see the list of blocked URLs in the options page. Moreover, you can edit this list to add or remove desired items.
Toolbar button serves as an ON|OFF switch. Badge icon color will also change to adapt itself to the new state. Red icon is when the addon is active and Grey icon is for the inactive state. When you are browsing internet, the addon constantly monitors websites for containing coin miming scripts. Once a script is detected, it instantly blocks it from loading in your browser. This way, no website can use your computer resources to mine digital currencies.
Some background on coin mining:
Coin or cryptocoin mining is using your computers power (CPU, RAM, etc.) and convert it to digital currencies. Some of the most common digital currencies are, Litecoin, Ethereum, Zcash, Ripple, Monero and Bitcoin. There are some companies that offer crypto-currency mining tools for embedding in websites. When you are visiting a website with crypto-currency mining tool, it uses the resources in your system (PC, MAC or Linux) to mine cryptocoin and earn some digital currencies...

No Coin - Block miners on the web!: No Coin - Block miners on the web!
Version: 0.4.12
Updated: January 29, 2018 - too fresh!
Size: 61.5KiB
Block coin miners using your computer ressources without your consent.
No coin is a tiny browser extension aiming to block coin miners such as Coinhive.
Trusted by thousands of users, No Coin provides you a safe and reliable way to block miners from using your CPU and power without your consent. It features an easy way to allow miners for a limited time in case you need to pass a captcha or shortlink requiring mining.

minerBlock: minerBlock
Version: 1.1.6
Updated: January 30, 2018 - too fresh!
Size: 207KiB
Blocks cryptocurrency miners all over the web.
MinerBlock is an efficient browser extension that focuses on blocking browser-based cryptocurrency miners all over the web.
The extension uses two different approaches to block miners. The first one is based on blocking requests/scripts loaded from a blacklist, this is the traditional approach adopted by most ad-blockers and other mining blockers.
The other approach which makes MinerBlock more efficient against cryptojacking is detecting potential mining behavior inside loaded scripts and killing it immediately.
This makes the extension able to block inline scripts as well as miners running through proxies.

TEST websites mining loudly I've found:

windscribe.com/miner/gamvw4hc: Mine for Upgrades - Windscribe
crypto-loot.com: Crypto-Loot - A Web Browser Miner | Traffic Miner | CoinHive Alternative
radionara.nocturnos.org: Radionara Baby Tú Radio Online
garapare.com: Home - Garapare Online

[lutzeyer.co.uk/: http://www.lutzeyer.co.uk/ - what is this 100% CPU on CENT browser (only), why?
- Now I see, that I don't have image at the top of this website, but black part instead of image... if scroll below black part, there is no more 100% CPU...weird...]

... then some articles to read and to test:

How To Check If A Website Is Mining Cryptocurrency: addictivetips.com: tivetips.com/web/check-if-a-website-is-mining-cryptocurrency//web/check-if-a-website-is-mining-cryptocurrency/

How To Block Bitcoin Mining In Your Browser: How To Block Bitcoin Mining In Your Browser

whoismining.com/: Who is mining?

bitminter.com/livestats/big: Bitminter - bitcoin mining pool

bitminter.com/test: Bitminter - bitcoin mining pool

On Firefox ESR 52.6 (with fix of "Spectre"...) and Nightly - I have NoMiners: NoMiners – Add-ons for Firefox
861022-64.png

NoMiners by Sha_3
- last updated January 30, 2018 - too fresh!
Blocks javascripts when loading a webpage, including minescripts from CoinHive, HashForCash, MineMyTraffic and JSECoin.
This is done with a filter list.
- I've too:
855007-64.png

No Coin: No Coin – Add-ons for Firefox
-
last updated 2 days ago (Jan 30, 2018) - too fresh! so trustworthy.
- block coin miners such as Coinhive, from using your CPU and power without your consent.

Hello fellow miners...

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Last edited:

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Adblockers should be ashamed, not including those in their filters, considering they have pushed even into Facebook and Youtube. ADs are nothing in comparison.

Reactions: upnorth and Vasudev

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
many filters have included mining protection in their lists, for example, adguard's english
ublock origin also has a default filter "uBlock filters – Resource abuse" which can block a lot of miners
so if users use uBO, no worry about mining

I also added nocoin filter to strengthen it

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
Norton Security blocks it too with their strong web protection

Attachments

• Unbenannt.PNG
    Unbenannt.PNG
    38.2 KB · Views: 762

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
adblock-nocoin-list/hosts.txt: github.com: adblock-nocoin-list/hosts.txt at master · hoshsadiq/adblock-nocoin-list · GitHub

Some domain names of coin miners in the beginning of this list:
cnhv.co
coin-hive.com
coinhive.com
gus.host
load.jsecoin.com
miner.pr0gramm.com
minemytraffic.com
ppoi.org
projectpoi.com
crypto-loot.com
coinerra.com
coin-have.com
minero.pw
minero-proxy-01.now.sh
minero-proxy-02.now.sh
minero-proxy-03.now.sh
api.inwemo.com
rocks.io
adminer.com
ad-miner.com
jsccnn.com
jscdndel.com
coinhiveproxy.com
coinblind.com
coinnebula.com
monerominer.rocks
cdn.cloudcoins.co
coinlab.biz
go.megabanners.cf
- keep those miners away!

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Cryptocurrency Mining Malware That Uses an NSA Exploit Is On the Rise
Say hello to WannaMine. motherboard.vice.com: Cryptocurrency Mining Malware That Uses an NSA Exploit Is On the Rise
Daniel OberhausJan 30 2018, 3:00pm
1517259861573-shutterstock_252823294.jpeg

Image: Shutterstock/Remix: Daniel Oberhaus

A computer security exploit developed by the US National Security Agency and leaked by hackers last year is now being used to mine cryptocurrency, and according to cybersecurity experts the number of infections is rising.
Last April, a hacking group called the Shadow Brokers leaked EternalBlue, a Windows exploit that was developed by the NSA. Less than a month later, EternalBlue was used to unleash a devastating global ransomware attack called WannaCry that infected more than 230,000 computers in 150 countries. A month later, in June, the EternalBlue exploit was again used to cripple networks across the world in an even more sophisticated attack. Now, security researchers are seeing the EternalBlue exploit being used to hijack people’s computers to mine cryptocurrency.

“EternalBlue, which was previously only used by nation state actors, is now becoming much more commonplace in malware leveraged by your average cybercriminal,” Bryan York, director of services at CrowdStrike, told me on the phone.
This new attack—called WannaMine—may seem like less of a threat than WannaCry because it doesn’t lock users out of their computer. But CrowdStrike noted in a blog post laying out its findings on WannaMine that the company has observed the malware “rendering some companies unable to operate for days and weeks at a time.” WannaMine infections are also hard to detect because it doesn’t download any applications to an infected device.
WannaMine was first discovered by Spanish firm Panda Security last October. Last week, cybersecurity firm CrowdStrike claimed in a blog post that it’s seen the number of reported instances of WannaMine infections increase in the last few months....
According to CrowdStrike’s York, there are a number of ways WannaMine can infect a computer, ranging from a user clicking on a malicious link in an email or webpage to targeted remote access attack by a hacker. Once the WannaMine script has infected a computer, it uses two normal Windows applications—PowerShell and Windows Management Instrumentation—to do its dirty work.
WannaMine doesn’t resort to EternalBlue on its first try, though. First, WannaMine uses a tool called Mimikatz to pull logins and passwords from a computer’s memory.... read MORE on the website...

"Forget WannaCry, cryptocurrency miner WannaMine has now been spotted stealing computing resources firstpost.com/tech/news-analysis/: Forget WannaCry, cryptocurrency miner WannaMine has now been spotted stealing computing resources- Technology News, Firstpost

If a report from Motherboard is to be believed, the world has clearly not learnt its lesson. According to the report, cybersecurity firm CrowdStrike has discovered that an EternalBlue-based malware is spreading. This malware, dubbed WannaMine, is using computing resources to mine cryptocurrency on infected systems.
Cryptocurrency mining is a resource-intensive task and any infected computer will slow down noticeably. For the average user, this will mean a slower PC, slightly higher electricity bills and a reduction in the theoretical life of your computer components in the long term.
For businesses, however, the impact is much greater. If large computer networks are infected, particularly networks used for intensive tasks like rendering videos, number-crunching, servers and more, the impact will be huge. According to CrowdStrike, they’re already aware of some companies whose operations have ground to a halt because of WannaMine." ... read MORE on the website...

- so hello, WannaMine...

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Facebook bans bitcoin and other cryptocurrency ads in broad move to curb scams
bigthink.com: Why Facebook has banned all bitcoin advertising
GettyImages-910140882.jpg

Cryptocurrencies
- by Andy Webb

In a game-changing move for cryptocurrency investors everywhere, Facebook as elected to ban all forms of advertising for bitcoin and all other ICOs (initial coin offerings) on the platform.

Facebook’s new advertising guidelines state “Ads must not promote financial products and services that are frequently associated with misleading or deceptive promotional practices, such as binary options, initial coin offerings, or cryptocurrency.”

Rob Leathern, Facebook’s Product Management Director, acknowledges in a new blog post that these measures are “intentionally broad,” and they will be refining their policies as they identify bad actors and step up their enforcement efforts across Facebook and Instagram’s advertising networks.

10_186_54___CoinDesk_BPI.png

Bitcoin’s value skyrocketed from just under $1000 to nearly $14,000 per coin in 2017, prompting a wave of new investors and alternative cryptocurrencies coupled with a wave of opportunists looking to take advantage of crypto neophytes. Scams including misleading advertisements, fake ICOs (like the recent Prodeum scam, which resulted in identity theft after an agricultural-based crypto startup vanished overnight) and shady apps have become commonplace while the crypto world has grappled with the sudden spotlight.

This latest change to Facebook’s safety policies comes in the wake of recent changes to the social network’s privacy tools, including the ability to limit the kinds of information advertisers can use to display ads in users’ News Feeds.

It should come as no surprise that the latest fluctuations in the value of bitcoin at the beginning of 2018 (causing some individual investors to lose tens of thousands of dollars in a day) would have finally raised questions about regulation and transparency regarding cryptocurrency investment opportunities—but it's quite clear that nobody expected Facebook to be the first ones to pull the trigger and in such broad terms on this specific issue.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Her you have 100%CPU miner! I'm not able to stop this evil mining scripts!
Only solution is to stop using this website:
BASETRADETV - Twitch.tv: Twitch
- don't stop scripts with your anti-script add-ons, to be able to see this evil on the track, if not - not content presence.

This same shady behavior on home page of Twitch.tv : Twitch

Anyone who would be able to make an effective Add-on/extension (behavioral, or anti-scripts, not URL lists...) to block these minings to save my CPU cycles, is asked to show up urgently....
I'm sure, we have here the skillful people who can do this...

My new blocker, on Firefox:

862672-64.png

Mining Blocker by cap1000 here: Mining Blocker – Add-ons for Firefox
This free Crypto Mining Blocker, blocks all CPU-Crypto Miners before they are loaded.
Prevent websites from hijacking your CPU for crypto mining and decide for yourself, if you want to run the miner (by deactivating the Mining Blocker).
This free Crypto Mining Blocker, blocks all CPU-Crypto Miners before they are loaded and prevents miners from running.

The Mining Blocker doesn't only block the calls to well known mining websites (by url blacklist), it also scans the website for a mining process or code (by a scheme blacklist) and disables it.
The crypto blocker even checks the website again, after the sites is loaded, to prevent any mining injections.
In that way, the mining blocker ensures that no scripts are running, even if they are nested in a website.
Stop websites from hijacking your CPU for crypto mining and decide for yourself, if you want to run the miner (by deactivating the Mining Blocker).

Current Blockers:

CoinHive Blocker,
JSEcoin Blocker,
mataharirama Blocker,
minecrunch Blocker,
reasedoper Blocker,
minemytraffic Blocker,
lmodr Blocker,
cryptoloot Blocker,
minemytraffic Blocker,
listat Blocker,
cryptonight Blocker,
xbasfbno Blocker,
azvjudwr Blocker,
jyhfuqoh Blocker,
miner.pr0gramm Blocker,
jroqvbvw Blocker,
projectpoi Blocker,
kdowqlpt Blocker,
ppoi Blocker,
Coin-Have Blocker,
hashforcash Blocker,
coinerra Blocker,
inwemo Blocker,
monerominer Blocker,
minero Blocker,
CoinBlind Blocker,
monad Blocker,
coinlab Blocker,
coinnebula Blocker,
cloudcoins Blocker,
gridcash Blocker,
AdMiner Blocker,
Socketminer Blocker,
Cloudcoins Blocker,
Webmine Blocker,
hashunited Blocker,
mineralt Blocker,
authedmine Blocker,
easyhash Blocker,
webminepool Blocker,
monerise Blocker,
coinpirate Blocker,
crypto-webminer Blocker

A new #Coinhive clone called "CoinPirate" was recently discovered.: read on Bad Packets twitter account: Bad Packets Report on Twitter
Bad Packets Report
@bad_packets
Tweets by Troy Mursch. I research #cryptojacking, botnets, network abuse, and other security topics. Mentions in the news: https://badpackets.net/references/

Cryptocurrency Miners Crash Malware 'Top 10'
Discussion in 'Security News' started by In2an3_PpG, 39 minutes ago.
- original website: Data breach detection, prevention and notification - DataBreachToday: Cryptocurrency Miners Crash Malware 'Top 10'

Last edited:

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Her you have 100%CPU miner! I'm not able to stop this evil mining scripts!
Only solution is to stop using this website:
BASETRADETV - Twitch.tv: Twitch
- don't stop scripts with your anti-script add-ons, to be able to see this evil on the track, if not - not content presence.

This same shady behavior on home page of Twitch.tv : Twitch

Anyone who would be able to make an effective Add-on/extension (behavioral, or anti-scripts, not URL lists...) to block these minings to save my CPU cycles, is asked to show up urgently....
I'm sure, we have here the skillful people who can do this...

My new blocker, on Firefox:

862672-64.png

Mining Blocker by cap1000 here: Mining Blocker – Add-ons for Firefox
This free Crypto Mining Blocker, blocks all CPU-Crypto Miners before they are loaded.
Prevent websites from hijacking your CPU for crypto mining and decide for yourself, if you want to run the miner (by deactivating the Mining Blocker).
This free Crypto Mining Blocker, blocks all CPU-Crypto Miners before they are loaded and prevents miners from running.

The Mining Blocker doesn't only block the calls to well known mining websites (by url blacklist), it also scans the website for a mining process or code (by a scheme blacklist) and disables it.
The crypto blocker even checks the website again, after the sites is loaded, to prevent any mining injections.
In that way, the mining blocker ensures that no scripts are running, even if they are nested in a website.
Stop websites from hijacking your CPU for crypto mining and decide for yourself, if you want to run the miner (by deactivating the Mining Blocker).

Current Blockers:

CoinHive Blocker,
JSEcoin Blocker,
mataharirama Blocker,
minecrunch Blocker,
reasedoper Blocker,
minemytraffic Blocker,
lmodr Blocker,
cryptoloot Blocker,
minemytraffic Blocker,
listat Blocker,
cryptonight Blocker,
xbasfbno Blocker,
azvjudwr Blocker,
jyhfuqoh Blocker,
miner.pr0gramm Blocker,
jroqvbvw Blocker,
projectpoi Blocker,
kdowqlpt Blocker,
ppoi Blocker,
Coin-Have Blocker,
hashforcash Blocker,
coinerra Blocker,
inwemo Blocker,
monerominer Blocker,
minero Blocker,
CoinBlind Blocker,
monad Blocker,
coinlab Blocker,
coinnebula Blocker,
cloudcoins Blocker,
gridcash Blocker,
AdMiner Blocker,
Socketminer Blocker,
Cloudcoins Blocker,
Webmine Blocker,
hashunited Blocker,
mineralt Blocker,
authedmine Blocker,
easyhash Blocker,
webminepool Blocker,
monerise Blocker,
coinpirate Blocker,
crypto-webminer Blocker

A new #Coinhive clone called "CoinPirate" was recently discovered.: read on Bad Packets twitter account: Bad Packets Report on Twitter
Bad Packets Report
@bad_packets
Tweets by Troy Mursch. I research #cryptojacking, botnets, network abuse, and other security topics. Mentions in the news: https://badpackets.net/references/

Discussion in 'Security News' started by In2an3_PpG, 39 minutes ago.
- original website: Data breach detection, prevention and notification - DataBreachToday: Cryptocurrency Miners Crash Malware 'Top 10'

ture.PNG Cap.PNG

As i said before i uses Ublock Origin with non default settings and don't see or experience what you get, I have no mine blocker extensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.