Bluhell Firewall - Firefox adblocker -

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Why was Bluhell Firewall created?
I love creating extensions, but it takes countless hours creating and maintaining them. Please consider making a small donation (any amount is fine) so that the Add-On can be keep clean, ad-free, and updated.

All we know the availability of popular AdBlockers lying around... but frankly, these are too bloated with several features and options which most of us don't use beyond the defaults. So, this extension was made for those of us who don't care about all that stuff but does about just getting rid of all the nasty resources being loaded by websites.

This is a lightweight extension (ie, 30KB compared to ~700KB of other popular adblockers), which was made with performance in mind. No configurable options, subscriptions, additional features, etc It just block what can go to hell ;-)

How this is achieved is thanks to just five hard-coded blocking rules covering about 7000 .com and .net domains, these were auto-generated from Easylist. That means, every time a certain resource wants to be loaded we will have to iterate through a list of five items, rather than for each entry from a common Easylist which contains thousands of different items to check... You can now figure things out for yourself...

Next i'll let you decide if this is for you... as long performance is in your mind, it should.

Source

Works in Cyberfox and fast as hell !

Last edited by a moderator:
Y

yigido

Thread author
Good adblocker and threat blocker as well but I got problem with it while I was using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.