Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
You should add one. You can go with Avast/Avira antivirus free OR some paid security suite from Kaspersky/Bitdefender/ESET/Norton. It's all up to you to select one or try which one does the best for you. If you select a free one, complement it with a good firewall (Zonealarm for basic, Comodo for advanced).
Zemana for on-demand is good.

For browsing safety, I recommend you to have HTTPS Everywhere, uBlockOrigins and Avira Browser Safety for Chrome.

As you are backing up to Dropbox, it would be only the important folders right?
You can have safe backups of entire disc using a backup solution like Macrium Reflect or To-Do backup.
Keep safe :D

aragornnnn

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 18, 2016
Nice config thanks for sharing :)

As @Parsh said Avast Free is 10 times better then Windows Defender.
I also recommend HTTPS Everywhere for chrome.

You could encrypt all your files before you send them to your Dropbox, if you dont want them to sniff around (they probably dont but hey...)

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Nice config thanks for sharing :)

As @Parsh said Avast Free is 10 times better then Windows Defender.
I also recommend HTTPS Everywhere for chrome.

You could encrypt all your files before you send them to your Dropbox, if you dont want them to sniff around (they probably dont but hey...)
Good idea. Double protection huh! BoxCryptor is one such tool.
But that will depend on the amount of data he's backing up. For very large set, it becomes less practical

bobby holla

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 30, 2014
Thank you all for your recommendations. well i have IVPN to encrypt all of my internet traffics as for GoodSync, it take the hassle out of file backup & synchronization. I simply have to connect my Cloud storage and it's easy to do all of the above both local and cloud backups and for internet security, i have decided to renew my Webroot secureanywhere using it along with Zemana Antimalware.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
If you are going to renew WSA then I would use that in real time since you are using ZAM as on demand.
You could then add an additional on demnad scanner such a Emsisoft Emergency Kit.
Avast free and Windows Firewall is a good lite combo but WSA will work well also.
Cloud storage for data and files is fine but a system backup solution is also advised.
Macrium Reflect and AOMEI Backupper offer good free solutions.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Optionally you can add Voodoshield or SecureAplus as your companion security product, which contain whitelisting technology for lock down of unknown programs on execution. ;)

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

bobby holla

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 30, 2014
If you are going to renew WSA then I would use that in real time since you are using ZAM as on demand.
You could then add an additional on demnad scanner such a Emsisoft Emergency Kit.
Avast free and Windows Firewall is a good lite combo but WSA will work well also.
Cloud storage for data and files is fine but a system backup solution is also advised.
Macrium Reflect and AOMEI Backupper offer good free solutions.
Thanks for sharing your config :)
Hi Exterminator, would you please recommend a good paid system backup software for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.