Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
it works fine

version 2.0.1.9

bongoivi aucostic.jpg

bongoivi aucostic 1.jpg

Bongiovi DPS, the way music should sound.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Checking this out, it looks like it does what the old SRS Audio enhancer used to do.
It does do a good job if it is set to "Movie" they go a little overboard
with the "Music" mode.
Not bad, if a user has a laptop this would come in very handy.
For PC users, i think you will notice a better balance if you put it in the
"Movie" mode.
Thanks Viktik

Last edited:

LoLs

Level 2
Verified
Dec 16, 2016
i don't have issue with Bongiovi DPS, just info related with audio/sound, but if you have ever hear weird sound, or pop-ing sound every few second sometimes, that not always speaker problem, could be driver or even software related. Tool's you can use to check LatencyMon.

Code:
http://www.resplendence.com/download/LatencyMon.exe

Code:
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/ad014cb1b2fb7da4c9b55683309cebb043108ae96c87589a46a29c55b27cd01a/analysis/1484786111/

Screenshot_362.png

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
DFX free version can be used also, its quite good.

There will be a beta version of the Pro soon. It's supposed to be released this month, according to a dev. :) I'm not sure, though, if it will be a closed-beta test or open-beta test.

...also like this software i didn't know before. The software 'sounds' quite good. I installed it on one of my laptops: i think i will try
the PRO version too... I've been using (in the past few years) the 'plus' version (paid version) of the DFX audio enhancer.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I just gave this a try, and it sounded terrible. With the profile set to either Music or Movies, the sound from my laptop had a lot more depth (which is good), but lacked clarity. With no audio enhancement, the speakers in my HP ProBook 4330s, provide sound that while severely lacking in bass, is very clear. With the audio enahncements, there was a massive drop in clarity.

Perhaps with different speakers, this would have made an improvement. My laptop has SRS Premium Sound, and I got similarly bad results when I installed the HP driver audio for it and enabled SRS sound.

My Toshiba Qosmio laptop has Harman Kardon speakers, a built in amplifer and Dolby Home Theater. The Dolby "surround" sound, actually sounds good on this laptop, but I can only get it to work with XP. The Vista audio driver from HP, provides a Dolby setting, but it does nothing. I will try Bongiovi on this laptop and see if improves the sound or makes it worse.

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
.....i had no problems: i installed the software on my old laptop ( Packard Bell TSX62-HR, about 6 years old, Win7 home).
It's connected to a HiFi amplifier Denon PMA 720 AE. The software is stil working fine and the sound is really nice...
i like this software !

Reactions: SHvFl and XhenEd

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
DPS 2.1 is now released as a full version for the "DPS Insiders". :) 30-day trial is available. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.