Aug 30, 2012
1 (1).png

A bootable USB created with YUMI containing :
Hiren's Boot CD,
MiniTool Partition Wizard [Bootable ISO]
Comodo Rescue Disk
ESET SysRescue Live
Easeus Data Recovery Wizard [Bootable ISO]
and always updated versions of Hitman Pro, MalwareBytes, UltraVirus Killer Portable, Tweaking.com Windows Repair, Kaspersky TDSS Killer, Unlocker Portable, Wise Disk Cleaner Portable, Avast AntiRootkit, RKill, etc. compressed in 7z archive to preserve space

More Info on this page

cptredsox

Level 1
Verified
Nov 4, 2012
nice config m8 ;) .. but what about eset´s hips, automatic mode ? which would be kinda firewall "only" (so its basically "disabled", except for self defense) or hips interactive mode ?

Reactions: Logethica

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
nice config m8 ;) .. but what about eset´s hips, automatic mode ? which would be kinda firewall "only" (so its basically "disabled", except for self defense) or hips interactive mode ?
HIPS in ESET Smart Security is practically useless, on my system it's set on default/automatic mode, if it does anything.
Setting HIPS on any other mode will significantly interfere with normal everyday computer usage so until they improve HIPS [add whitelisting of programs or similar] I will use it as in automatic mode.
User Account Control is somewhat replacing my needs for HIPS in ESET Smart Security

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
So how do u like ESET ? Does it offers better protection than bitdefender?
It's always a individual answer. I like ESET because it's stable, light and effective. BitDefender has shown to be very buggy and slow on my computer, enormously decreasing the response times. But that doesn't mean that it will do on other computers. If you are in doubt you can always try one for 30 days and then another so you can decide what suites you better...

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
ESET has great AntiPhishing protection as BitDefender has, but I think that the browser is the first layer of protection if you are banking online often. If you are banking always bookmark your trust site and use some password manager like LastPass. I think that antivirus can't help you a lot about banking (except AntiPhishing protection)

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I'm Planning to use norton connect safe , so will that help me out for safe web and banking also?

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I'm Planning to use norton connect safe , so will that help me out for safe web and banking also?
That can increase the security, but (for me) it's like using 4 different music players to play just one song. Example :
  • Google Chrome has virtualization of tabs
  • also protects you from phishing sites
  • all connections to those (trusted) banking sites are secure-connected
  • ESET Smart Security has AntiPhishing component

A

Alkajak

Awesome setup. Probably a stupid question, but do you get any benefits from running 32bit instead of 64bit?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.