FreeFileSync, Acronis True Image
System recovery
Acronis True Image [Bootable USB]

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Nice config but avast is a weak antivirus you should use antiviruses like kaspersky or norton
Because of its free version, many believe its weak. Believe me, its one of the most secure and stable AV in the list today. I agree with reputed ones, but u must consider results and detection ratio and its performance are far better than them.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Nice config but avast is a weak antivirus you should use antiviruses like kaspersky or norton
Avast on Hardened Mode set to Aggressive provides excellent protection and hardly "weak".
Kaspersky,ESET,etc. require some tweaking to squeeze the max protection out of them.
I have put Avast Free on a lot of PC's for average users and those who kept it updated remained infection free however nothing is 100%.
Kaspersky & Norton are very good programs but so is Avast.IMO Avast gets a bad rap for having a free version and everything free is not necessarily good however Avast is.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Avast is weak because it is free :D You should pay for AV..:rolleyes:
if Avast was give that free features as "paid"..then believe me people tries to crack it ;)
lol, in any case I'm using their Internet Security. For just in case if there are allergic people to free AVs.

No joke, Avast free is good enough... if someone is reckless then no AV can help

Y

yigido

Operating System:Windows 7 SP1 ?
Why not 10 ?
After some time testing my system speed I am back to Windows 7 Professional. Several reasons :

• Incompatibility of my integrated graphics with Windows 10. Needed to use some third party fix for being able to bypass WDDM
  • Real feel that my system is more responsive
  • No Avast freezing problems and improper disablement of the Windows Defender in Windows 10
  • Proper driver installation of my AHCI bus which made +70MB boost in read/write performance of my SSD
  • Personal feeling of having more control over the OS
If I had newer laptop it would work fine with Windows 10, probably, but since Intel decided to leave us without the proper drivers for Intel GMA 4500 MHD and a 1/3 of the chipset, I had to make this move. I probably won't come back to Windows 10 until I buy a new laptop.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Always be specific.

Weak in terms of? Avast is one of the reliable AV's you can have, of course it can be possible weak in ransomware however you can steer away for them without playing the AV's detection.

Always think for longer investment, think that your AV can protect on the basic common threats that ypu encounter likely.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.