https://malwaretips.com/threads/boramurdars-desktop-system.82506/

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Nothing special, but flying compared to what I previously had :)

Previously was going to wait for i3 8100 but cheaper motherboards are coming in 2018, and I cannot wait until then. Pentium is hyperthreaded so it will serve me well for what I am going to do. Machine is beautiful, relatively cheap, fast and silent. I will add a dedicated GPU lately (probably 1050Ti or RX 470, or any new equivalent).
SSD is very fast for it's price 535/500 R/W. Power Supply ...heavy, strong, cool, beautiful cables , long enough for anything, and almost inaudible (from 10cm distance). RAM , cheapest 2133 MHz from Silicon Power.
Case, nothing special but again I am surprised what you can get for 15$. Good backside cable management, just a case for components that will sit beneath the side of my desk. No side windows.

Monitor is top notch for it's price, colors are clear, 1ms motion blur reduction, 5ms IPS GTG. Thin panel, 23.8 inches, 75Hz. Just stunning.
If you can pardon, I cannot hide my excitement.

Thank you for reading! :)

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Haven't consider a Ryzen CPU?
Or the one you picked is cheaper?
About Patriot i believe you did a good choice.
I read some reviews and they were saying that they are pretty good.
Yes I had Toni, but Ryzen still don't have integrated GPU and didn't release their APUs on time for me to consider buying them. As I currently don't have money for dedicated GPU I had to go with Intel. Pentium is 70$ and Ryzen 3s are ~120$...
You can't go wrong with ips. Try undervolting your cpu and if you are lucky it will get a lot more quiet with the same performance.
Thank you @SHvFl :) I really cannot hear Intel's cooler, and the temperatures are around 35 degrees. If it starts getting loud over time I will try what you suggested.
It's always party time when we get a new device to our family. Congratulations!
Anything new is special in its way :) Thank you RoboMan!

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Yes I had Toni, but Ryzen still don't have integrated GPU and didn't release their APUs on time for me to consider buying them. As I currently don't have money for dedicated GPU I had to go with Intel. Pentium is 70$ and Ryzen 3s are ~120$...

Thank you @SHvFl :) I really cannot hear Intel's cooler, and the temperatures are around 35 degrees. If it starts getting loud over time I will try what you suggested.

Anything new is special in its way :) Thank you RoboMan!
You are also saving the planet? Yes/no/maybe? :D

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I have no words for your smartness @BoraMurdar . U value everything so much and its such pleasure to know u built a desktop with such minimal but strong setup. Congratulations (y)
Thank you! I think I built a good machine for the money I had at the moment. Prices for components are higher over here so I needed to adjust some things.:giggle:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.