Brace Yourself for Kaspersky’s “Hack-proof” Operating System

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Kaspersky says their “secure operating system” will be released soon.

Kaspersky is a security software developer and cyber security firm that is trusted by people globally. So, when the company states that it has created a hack-proof operating system, users are bound to feel overjoyed.

According to the company’s CEO
Eugene Kaspersky, this operating system has been under developmental stages from the past 14 years and now the day has finally arrived when it can be publicly unveiled. The name of the new OS is Kaspersky OS and the system was officially ready to be unveiled on November 11th that’s why within the company it is codenamed 11-11.

The OS was launched on a Kraftway Layer 3 Switch, which is the fundamental requirement for running Kaspersky OS. The Switch is designed for networks that require a high level of data security and it is like a breath of fresh air for the highly vulnerable Internet of Things devices.

The company states that the reason why they chose to start from scratch and not adopt the easier way of using Linux is because security was their main priority, which the current systems fail to provide.

“Everything has been built from scratch. Anticipating your questions: not even the slightest smell of Linux. All the popular operating systems aren’t designed with security in mind, so it’s simpler and safer to start from the ground up and do everything correctly. Which is just what we did.”

Instead of using Linux, the company decided to create an entirely new operating system, which is definitely a plus. This OS is quite different from others because of the various distinct features that it contains. Such as:

* It is Microkernel Architecture based, which allows users to fully customize the OS

* It is a GUI-Less OS and doesn’t require “even the slightest smell of Linux” to run

* The system comes with a built-in security mechanism having the ability to control the operations and behaviors of the OS modules as well as the applications. This is what makes it hacking-proof.

Read more: Brace Yourself for Kaspersky’s "Hack-proof" Operating System

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
* Run like a snail
* Has 1001 ways to get bypassed
* We remove features and function you like with each update
* Learn to code so you can change the OS yourself. F us doing it, no devs for that
* Forget compatibility that's so not us
* Forget using programs you like. Remove everything for this new perfect OS we just made which probably been used by 1000 users
* 100% better than Windows Millenium

Is Kaspersky transforming to Comodo and it's about to make 100 useless programs with the result that all will suck?

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Very interesting concept, GUI less and allow you to customize it. Wonder if adding a GUI desktop and modding it to be compatible with Games will lower its security. I agree with @SHvFl new OS will take quite a while for software to catch up in compatibility, gui less OS are quite boring and painful typing out commands for simple task.

Its a bold statement saying its hackproof, I like the authors last statement regarding how nothing is 100% secure and seeing who will hack it once its available.

Axelrod Sven

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Feb 11, 2016
I'll believe it is "hack-proof" if they won't release security patches in the future. If they do so, then saying it is hack-proof is BS. :D
Brilliant quote. :D Would leave Kaspersky in a bind. But knowing them, they usually will come out with a post, "To make our operating system even stronger, we have decided to bunch in some udpates..." when they are probably fixing some vulnerabilities. I mean...this *is* Kaspersky and this is what they generally did.

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
It doesn't exist a mathematical model to find bugs and vulnerabilities in a code, otherwise it would have already been used on Windows, Linux, Mac, and you consider that the debugging of millions of lines of code is really impossible .

W

Wave

Anything created by one human can be defeated by another it's just a case of who and when. I wonder if Kaspersky will pay a bounty to the first person to Hack their unhackable OS o_Oo_O
I bet it's going to turn out to be a really insecure OS as opposed to an "hack-proof" one... I am surprised that Kaspersky themselves have done such misleading advertising, they should be the ones stating that nothing is "hack-proof", not members of a security forum! Talk about being reputable...

W

Wave

Obviously Microsoft needs to complain to Kaspersky about how Kaspersky are pushing their security first over other people's even though the OS is owned by Kaspersky the same way Kaspersky complained about Microsoft on their practises! :D :p

Kaspersky you better watch out, Microsoft are coming for you and they will hunt you down like a fox! :D :D ;)

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Obviously Microsoft needs to complain to Kaspersky about how Kaspersky are pushing their security first over other people's even though the OS is owned by Kaspersky the same way Kaspersky complained about Microsoft on their practises! :D :p

Kaspersky you better watch out, Microsoft are coming for you and they will hunt you down like a fox! :D :D ;)
The perfect post right there. :D

W

Wave

The perfect post right there. :D
I just find it so dumb how Kaspersky wasted time complaining about Microsoft and trying to catch them out for violation of laws just because they were jealous of the advantage Microsoft had and how they cannot control what happens with an OS they didn't make, yet then they announce their own OS which according to them has been in development for 14 years and is "hack-proof".

They are just as bad as Microsoft auto-disabling other AV security software and auto-enabling Windows Defender after the updates; at least Microsoft aren't claiming that Windows is "hack-proof". So hypocritical, you complain about one vendor and then use shady practises yourself (misleading advertising since NOTHING is "hack-proof", everything can be exploited one way or another, even if it takes 100 years to do it).

What a joke, this must be a mistake, I think they mixed up the calendar and think it is April Fools today. :D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.