Brace yourselves, Radeon RX 5950 is coming

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
If the OpenVR benchmarks are anything to go by then we are looking at at least a 15% increase over NVIDIA's flagship: the RTX 2080 Ti.
A mysterious RX 5950XT was recently spotted getting EEC certification (Komachi via Videocardz) and considering we have seen leaks of a very powerful 'Big Navi' GPU already, is this the card we have been waiting for? Well, only time will tell, but in the meantime here are the details on the Radeon RX 5950 XT.

Aggravatorx

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jan 30, 2013
i have to say as i always do amd radeon cards looked and play better then Nvidia i have one system intel/ nvidia and just
purchased system
AMD Radeon VII 16GB HBM2
AMD Ryzen 9 3950X (16-Core, 64MB L3 Cache, Max Boost Clock of 4.7GHz)
and i can say above with amd setup will play better then
9th Generation Intel Core i7-9 700K (8-Core, 12MB Cache, up t o 4.9GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 2060 6GB GDDR6 (OC Ready

just my saying

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Ok, Radeon VII is much better card than (not then) RTX 2060. But put RTX 2080/2070 , on Intel's system and gaming difference will be unnoticeable.
Only synthetic benchmarks will detect differencies

L

Local Host

Ok, Radeon VII is much better card than (not then) RTX 2060. But put RTX 2080/2070 , on Intel's system and gaming difference will be unnoticeable.
Only synthetic benchmarks will detect differencies
Not smart to get the old Radeon VII nowadays anyway, AMD has a new architecture in the market.

Reactions: harlan4096

redsworn

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 6, 2017
Of course. Navi is great for the money but nVidia Ampere seems to be even more advanced. We will see. Competition is always good for us buyers.
Yup! I reckon GPU market will become competitive again in the next few years. As Intel reportedly also in the stage of building their very own discrete PCIe graphics card.

Dex4Sure

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
May 14, 2019
Well if its only 15% faster than RTX 2080 Ti this is disappointing. Consider this: RTX 2000 series are still on 12nm and RX 5000 series are on 7nm. Nvidia is moving this year to 7nm as well, and its rumored RTX 3080 would already be 30% faster than RTX 2080 Ti, with RTX 3070 matching RTX 2080 Ti. RTX 3080 Ti must be like 50-70% faster than RTX 2080 Ti. And rumor also is that 3000 series will drop in price relative to 2000 series counterparts. Both RTX 3070 and 3080 seem to be launching as "cut down" versions, making it possible for Nvidia to later release SUPER versions of each GPU with fully unlocked chip.

Reactions: RKRN3

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Well if its only 15% faster than RTX 2080 Ti this is disappointing. Consider this: RTX 2000 series are still on 12nm and RX 5000 series are on 7nm. Nvidia is moving this year to 7nm as well, and its rumored RTX 3080 would already be 30% faster than RTX 2080 Ti, with RTX 3070 matching RTX 2080 Ti. RTX 3080 Ti must be like 50-70% faster than RTX 2080 Ti. And rumor also is that 3000 series will drop in price relative to 2000 series counterparts. Both RTX 3070 and 3080 seem to be launching as "cut down" versions, making it possible for Nvidia to later release SUPER versions of each GPU with fully unlocked chip.
It doesn't matter much. There were many years since AMD had the fastest consumer GPU in the world. And it could be a sparkle we needed to see a healthy competition again.

Reactions: harlan4096

Dex4Sure

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
May 14, 2019
It doesn't matter much. There were many years since AMD had the fastest consumer GPU in the world. And it could be a sparkle we needed to see a healthy competition again.

That was long ago. Ever since GTX 900 series NVIDIA has had always the fastest GPU's. Yes, competition would be good, but I don't see them being able to challenge NVIDIA anytime soon. AMD is doing extremely well on CPU front, but NVIDIA is clearly ahead in GPU's still. And really even at same performance levels, NVIDIA offers more features.

RKRN3

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Sep 6, 2019
At present time, I would recommend AMD's Ryzen Processors over Intel's without any hesitation. But I wouldn't recommend AMD's GPUs (in notebooks) unless they start sorting out the bugs that each of their new drivers bring along with it. I am a member of Acer Community. There, those who had bought the AMD variant of Predator haven't been able to use their PCs without issues. They are unable to use the newer driver of July, 2019 and beyond because it breaks Windows' Sleep function. They are still on OEM drivers from May, 2019. AMD told them that they would fix it in August, but that hasn't happened yet.

That was long ago. Ever since GTX 900 series NVIDIA has had always the fastest GPU's. Yes, competition would be good, but I don't see them being able to challenge NVIDIA anytime soon. AMD is doing extremely well on CPU front, but NVIDIA is clearly ahead in GPU's still. And really even at same performance levels, NVIDIA offers more features.
NVidia's 3xxx series GPUs are around the corner as well.

Dex4Sure

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
May 14, 2019
At present time, I would recommend AMD's Ryzen Processors over Intel's without any hesitation. But I wouldn't recommend AMD's GPUs (in notebooks) unless they start sorting out the bugs that each of their new drivers bring along with it. I am a member of Acer Community. There, those who had bought the AMD variant of Predator haven't been able to use their PCs without issues. They are unable to use the newer driver of July, 2019 and beyond because it breaks Windows' Sleep function. They are still on OEM drivers from May, 2019. AMD told them that they would fix it in August, but that hasn't happened yet.

NVidia's 3xxx series GPUs are around the corner as well.

I think Nvidia announces new GPUs in next GTC, at least their new data center GPUs. Might be consumer GPUs will be announced bit later.

Reactions: RKRN3

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.