BrainCruiser's System Security Configurations

BrainCruiser

Thread author
May 9, 2014
I am working towards getting a good firewall. So this is one thing I still miss in my security repertoire. I am open to suggestions on improving my security.

Reactions: yigido
I

illumination

So your looking to switch realtime protection altogether then? Viper Internet Security has a firewall...

Was this the config you were running when last infected, less then a month ago?

BrainCruiser

Thread author
May 9, 2014
Actually, the infection was a download of an example file from a classroom on assembly. It was caught by VIPRE during its real-time scanning. Thanks for that highlighting of the firewall feature I am noticing and its Patch of software. So far it does a thorough job, but I find that it sometimes flags some web sites as carrying malware. I have to whiltest these: so on the web, its firewall sometimes gives false positives.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.