Status
Not open for further replies.

norton737

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 19, 2013
1184840_634687559886721_990853090_n.jpg

It will release in the beginning of October!
More information HERE

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Moose, detection rates fluctuate for every product, every day, every week and over the years you'll see no product will remain top dog.

That said, I disagree with nsm saying Webroot has bad detection rates, also he has no proof. :D

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
hello

@nsm0220

opinion is opinion i'm not taking your word for it

just saying something sucks is your opinion and helps no one but you

but where is the proof so you seen a video

Zero-day attack's:
A zero-day (or zero-hour or day zero) attack or threat is an attack that exploits a previously unknown vulnerability
in a computer application, meaning that the attack occurs on "day zero" of awareness of the vulnerability.[1] This means
that the developers have had zero days to address and patch the vulnerability. Zero-day exploits (the software and/or
strategies that use a security hole to carry out a successful attack) are used or shared by attackers before the developer
of the target software knows about the vulnerability.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero-day_attack

so keep your system/software up to date
http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/online/

thanks

James

:)

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
"i saw with malwaregeek review of it and plus their zero day sucks"
Thats why MalwareTips member encourage to test yourself actual value of product,reviews and videos are given you opinion about specific product but at the last you have to decide which is better for you according to your needs.

nsm0220

Level 21
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
jim lin said:
hello

@nsm0220

opinion is opinion i'm not taking your word for it

just saying something sucks is your opinion and helps no one but you

but where is the proof so you seen a video

Zero-day attack's:
A zero-day (or zero-hour or day zero) attack or threat is an attack that exploits a previously unknown vulnerability
in a computer application, meaning that the attack occurs on "day zero" of awareness of the vulnerability.[1] This means
that the developers have had zero days to address and patch the vulnerability. Zero-day exploits (the software and/or
strategies that use a security hole to carry out a successful attack) are used or shared by attackers before the developer
of the target software knows about the vulnerability.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero-day_attack

so keep your system/software up to date
http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/online/

thanks

James

you mean the malware geek one its on youtube he tested the 2013 version

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
@nsm0220

i guess if thats what you said but the video is 7 months old lol
hxxp://www.youtube.com/user/rynesandbergfan23

i did not say i watched it you did ?

so i can't say nothing good or bad about the video and i do not care to watch it

but i can say i used Webroot SA for a over year and did not have much trouble with it or get infected with nothing

but i have not been infected for over 5 years :) so i must be doing something right

thanks

James

D

Deleted member 178

Umbra (WSA closed beta tester for webroot since the beginning) says : WSA 2014 sucks !!!!

reason: i lost my favorite granular options ! now it looks like Panda...

hope the final will bring them back !

thanks ^^

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Umbra, have you noticed the trend in some software that's taken the simplified UI route? I'm guessing that "Kaspersky and Avast suck too".

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.